Ryan Adams accused of abusive behavior, sexting with 14 year old girl

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by maxvintage, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

The victim in the sense of a criminal act is the 14 year old girl, later 16. She's a minor; she's not legally able to give consent. She's the victim. The six other women who allege a consistent pattern of abusive behavior, that is offering access to the music biz in return for sex, are not victims in the criminal law sense, I don't think, but I'd say they are victims in the same way you are a victim of an abusive boss or manager, priest or minister or teacher.

Sorry for signaling virtue. I just happen to believe men shouldn't act that way.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Okay, I'll play. Just what is she allegedly the victim of?

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

The discussion we had about Armstrong I think predates your activity here, so you would not see the connection.... What makes them very much alike is that people here are/were fans of both. Dedicated and identified with BOTH people and now they are hearing information that is counter to how they perceived these people. When the data is counter to our perceptions, we can either change our perception OR we can deny the evidence/data and maintain our perception. In both cases, this is already in evidence and a main part of this conversation... so, your 'big difference' is an abstraction.

rjtwangs likes this.
  4. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dude is a creep, probably more but the days of the "NYTs-very careful with their facts" died around the time of my 20th birthday;which was 40+ years ago.

5. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Or maybe there's just a whole lot of really twisted people out there but we only hear about it when it's someone ambitious and famous, so we mistakenly associate the unlikeable trait with ambition.

6. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

they real gauge...when you have a daughter..then you know wuts up...trying to guide, teach & protect....my daughter at 14, mr adams or anybody else outside her school age..wont answer anybody but me first..then what is left...do what ya want

7. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

8. getbent

you beat him to the ad hominem amigo. remember the whole 'let the adults talk' thing?

drlucky, BrandonIke and rjtwangs like this.
  9. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Meister

Disappointing to say the very least. I do think the allegations fall into somewhat different categories with differing levels of concern and consequences (throwing on my lawyer hat for y'all)

1. Moore's allegations are the least troubling. While he was ugly and insulting to her, most divorces involve the former spouses treating each other poorly. In my opinion, true psychological abuse typically involves far worse behavior.

2. Propositioning women with an offer of career advancement is at best sleazy at worst abusive and depending on the scenario could lead to a civil claim. If this happened in an employment context, it would be a clear Title VII violation; NOT a crime but a violation of employment law. He is not an employer so this is not exactly the case, but professionally, such conduct is appalling and will hopefully have consequences for future projects.

3. If he was knowingly engaging in sexual conduct (even by phone) with an underage girl it may constitute criminal conduct (depending on the state law). His many tweets referencing concern about her age are a massive red flag and directly contradict any claim that he thought she was old enough. If you need to ask repeatedly about age -- you're pretty far along the pedophile trail.

Lastly, and somewhat related. There was a story in RS or some such magazine a year or so ago about the early 2000s rock scene and in particular The Strokes and Interpol. For whatever reason everyone interviewed seemed to feel that Ryan Adams was a negative influence and at times a toxic enabler to others in that scene. Should be pretty telling when the Strokes/Interpol are citing you as a bad influence . . .

10. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

He reportedly had a long-running feud with one of my all-time favorites, Paul Westerberg. So there's that.

drlucky likes this.
  11. getbent

[​IMG]

rjtwangs likes this.
  12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Chuck Berry was set up and sent down the river by old white guys terrified of the influence of black culture via this new (at-the-time) rock n roll craze.

stevemc likes this.
  13. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Kids we’ve had complaints.

Going to close this one down.

JayFreddy, Frankie and rjtwangs like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.