Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ry Cooder: The Prodigal Son...Allmusic.com review

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Frank'n'censed, May 11, 2018.

1. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    I read some reviews yesterday. It's good to see Ry back. RIP Terry Evans. He and Bobby King were so great on past albums. I like the part where his wife Suzy told him to tone down the political stuff. One thing I cannot stand is a sanctimonious, preachy musician. Gospel seem like a very good choice here for RY. I wish I had caught him on tour with Ricky Skaggs and company. Keep on truckin', Ry.

2. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Actually it was Ry's son Joachim that told him to tone down the political stuff....it is a WONDERFUL album, since it's arrival here on Friday I've lost count how many times I've played it, I admit to owning 27 Ry Cooder cd's, and this is among his very best. At 70, he's singing better than ever, and what can possibly be said about his guitar playing that hasn't been said many many times.....he just get's better with time....whether your a long time Ry fan or somebody wondering what all the fuss is about, this is as good a place to start as any......just one old man's opinion....I saw him with Ricky Skaggs twice and can't wait to see him this summer....he's one of the best ever....

RJ

3. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

Been diggin' The Prodigal Son album for a few days. Thought I'd leave a few live in the studio videos here from off the record.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    @Deeve posted about this on May 3. A great album and "Prodigal Son" is a great rendition of an old song.

5. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Meister

May 30, 2017
    Silicon Valley, CA
    I just snagged tickets for the Santa Cruz show in August wahoo! Last CD I listened to was "I, Flathead". My son's middle name is "Ryland".

joealso likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.