Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rutters guitars: what's the deal?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Mhermans, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot

2. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    I ordered some saddles and a jack cup from him last week. Hope I don't have to wait too long.
    There are a few places I do business with that have poor communication and the wait is a little longer than others. I put up with it because the stuff does show up and it's good quality and its exactly what I wanted.
    Most business dealings I wouldn't put up with it. These few places I do put up with it because I know going in thats how its going to be and I don't get so worried about it anymore.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My wife and I are going to get intimate while we play the new John Tesh album.

My name is John Tesh, and I approve of this thread.

4. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2009
    Michigan
    I remember working with marc and he was telling me how he was looking to get more work. :)

Good for him, he can take his time, because, unlike most products today, his stuff is worth waiting for. Imho.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

5. pontmercy

pontmercy Tele-Holic

Dec 9, 2009
    Central Arkansas
    Yup, Marc's a stand up guy, very busy stand up guy, but he'll come through every time with great custom made parts! Worth the wait every time!

6. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Mhermans:

PLEASE start posting your great music again!!

7. Mhermans

Mhermans Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2010
    Boston
    Marc Rutter contacted me. He hadn't gotten my other emails. As someone else stated he was waiting on the right parts.

So I apologize to Marc for this thread. I guess my lack of patience got the better of me!

Looking forward to putting my tele together. I'm installing Lollar firebird/minihum combo into one of my teles.

I had the same set up before but sold that tele to fund something else.

8. Memphisbound

Memphisbound Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2009
    Nashville
    Au contraire, mon frere. Nearly any commercial carrier is better than the USPS.

9. Marc Rutters

Marc Rutters Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

Well I gave it a couple days before I commuted on this one. We did have an issue with the metal used to machine half and full bridges we run these a couple hundred parts at a time on the CNC it's a lengthy process and well into it the metal had a too much stress causing excessive warping rather than trying to make it work it was best to trash it and start over, a big waste of time but the right way, better to delay than send out substandard. Emails... I answer ever email I get usually at the end of the day but to be sure I did not miss any I went back and checked and yes there were a couple I blew over.. oops and my apologies. Parts are usually kept on the shelf but there has been a large increase this year in orders so some gearing up is in the process this means some new machines and an apprentice I like that. Shipping...I see complaining on the shipping costs and how bad USPOS is, USPOS is 99.8% accurate and the least expensive most of you don't want to pay an extra 10.00+ shipping for a 30.00 part, if you don't want to use USPS other shipping options can be arranged just ask.

As for the rest of the nonsense in this thread I'll let that stand on it's own.

10. rbrown

rbrown Tele-Meister

Oct 5, 2010
    St Louis, Mo
    Marc is a great guy to work with. In fact he is doing a body for me right now. I have got to say I have never had an issue with communication from him or any problems with the changes I often make after I have placed an order. for every thread there is like this there are 10 praising the quality of his work. It's hard to find guys like this who provide the unique parts and bodies we all want, take it easy on the guy, it's this forums fault he's so damn busy.

11. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    My order shows that it was at the local sort facility early this morning.
    Should be here in afternoon mail.
    10/12 days. Not bad.

12. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Tele-Meister

Sep 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    +1. I have a Rutters La Burrito bridge in my Cabronita partscaster and am very happy with it. When I first inquired about it, Marc even offered to customize a few details and did not charge extra for it. Marc was a pleasure to deal with. Always responded to my emails in a timely manner. Just a stand up guy.

13. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Meister

Dec 23, 2010
    brooklyn, ny
    I'm with everyone who has attested to Marc Rutters being a class act. He's easy to deal with, and makes great stuff. I bought some of his saddles and he was happy to make a custom bridgeplate, just like I wanted, to go with them. One of these days I hope to build a guitar that I can use a la burrito bridge on. I love that design.

14. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Prince is probably keeping him busy with repair work...

15. Shorecaster

Shorecaster Tele-Holic

Feb 23, 2011
    Lantana, FL
    This is a thinly disguised rant..

No excuses Mr. Marc, You should be a better business man with better communication skills. Like one of those press this button for this and this button for that type of communication skills. You can get that kind of communication skills after you sell out to some conglomerate corporation that uses only your name, and manufactures cheap mass produced parts with worn out machinery originally designed to build unlicensed AK-47's in some country that still uses forced labor. Then, when you are a better business man Mr. Marc, you can drive around town in an all chrome hummer, with wheels bigger than our cars, and drive around town running us down like the door mats we are. You can eat lunch with finest of cats with big fat wallets spilling with cash. You can blow your smoke from your Cuban cigar in any direction without a care, and wipe the floor with anyone who objects.

You can do that Mr. Marc, or you could just keep making high quality parts at a decent price. It's really up to you I guess.

:p

16. stevenhay

stevenhay Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2010
    New Castle Indiana
    Hey now! Don't be down on a good Cuban cigar... :)

17. doc w

doc w Tele-Afflicted

Jul 9, 2011
    Canada
    I know it is late in this thread, but I just have to post. The best money I ever spent on a guitar was on my Tele from Marc Rutters. He is not the best with email (I think he is an "old school" kind of guy) and I am pretty sure he doesn't like typing. But he is not that hard to get on the phone and I had many detailed conversations with him about my guitar while it was being built. Some dealers don't respond because they are avoiding you. This is not Marc. He is very honest and honourable man. He will come through.

18. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2006
    California
    I exchanged emails with Marc several months ago - his messages were always prompt and gracious.

19. GregWV

GregWV Tele-Meister

Oct 9, 2010
    Spring Hill, WV
    My experience as well. Very responsive.

20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

+1

+1

I'm glad you posted this. I'll put you on the list, the "Do Not Accept Orders From" list.

:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.