Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rutters guitars: what's the deal?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Mhermans, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Mhermans

Mhermans Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2010
    Boston
    I ordered a tele half bridge feb 22. Today's march 14 and I have yet to get the bridge...

Sent emails with no response... I spoke with him but he was busy and told me he would call back. He didn't call back and didn't really seem to want to help.

Bummer! I was looking forward to this bridge because of the raving reviews. Any one know what's up? Should I try to get my money back through PayPal?

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

It's been less than a month! The USPS sucks and the other carriers are no better. Patience, grasshoppah!

3. Mhermans

Mhermans Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2010
    Boston
    I hear ya! I don't mind waiting, it would just be nice to know that he knows I ordered it. No response to emails and no information when I actually spoke with him has gotten me worried... He said "I think I remember seeing that" and then said he'd call back... Sketchy, no?

4. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Tele-Afflicted

Aug 30, 2011
    U.S.A.
    He isn't like a retailer with large stockpiles of parts sitting in warehouses ready to be shipped upon order. He is the factory, and sells directly to the user. From what I can tell, his parts are often not made until they are ordered. A fairly standard wait time for a scratch-built, made to order guitar part of any kind would be 6-8 weeks IME. You are not even to 3 weeks yet. Remember too that even if he made your bridge the day after you ordered it (which is highly unlikely), most of his products get plated. He is likely gonna wait till he has a large batch of parts to drop off at the plater, rather than going in order by order. And then he has to wait for them, finish assembling the parts, pack, ship, etc.

As for the communication, I'd give him a break and try again. I've had a few unanswered e-mails, but in the end we got in contact and it all worked out. He is probably a busy dude...but a really good guy with which to do business.

5. BigDaddyLH

Okay, that's sounds like his skills aren't on the business side. Then again, his work is highly regarded, and worth the wait.

6. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2011
    Naples, FL
    I'd also advise relaxing. You'll be very happy with it when it comes. And this is not atypical of Marc ... but to paraphrase something one forumite said to another TDPRI-favorite builder: Less typey-typey, more buildy-buildy. :D

7. Mhermans

Mhermans Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2010
    Boston
    I guess I'm just not used to lack of communication.

I also didn't realize that he builds them as they are ordered. I thought it would be ready to go.

Alright, I'm going to chill out.

Maybe I should take this thread down... Don't want to hurt anyone's business!

8. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    I am typically around 2-4 weeks for Marc's hardware. I call him every once in a while to see what he is up too. One of his biggest time constraints is waiting on the chrome/nickel plater.

9. Mhermans

Mhermans Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2010
    Boston
    Well hell! No I really feel bad posting this thread!

How do I delete the thread?

10. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

May 1, 2012
    Prescott AZ
    Don't; it's still useful information for everybody else.

11. Fender Bob

Fender Bob Tele-Meister

Nov 25, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Got my Rutters saddles today. I'm sure since they are custom pieces it's like Esquire said that for some of items it requires him to wait to have some of the processes done to ultimately keep prices down.

In the end his business is probably growing due to word of mouth etc and may be hard to keep up with the growing demand while maintaining the quality that got him the good reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

12. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2011
    Naples, FL
    What was it Bill said in KB2? Some things, once you do, they can never be undone.

But this is not a thing like stepping on a goldfish or shooting Beatrice. This was useful for folks to see as Andy said.

13. Zezozose

Zezozose Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2013
    Quad Cities
    Indeed. Lack of communication from a seller is something that drives me crazy. It's mitigated if I know that's a factor going into it, though.

14. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    I had a question for Rutters about something I wanted to order around 2 months ago, never heard a reply (web based email on his site) Figured it didn't go through so I sent the same question a week later, never did hear from him.

Ordered 4 times through Callaham since then, usually have it within 3-4 business days max.

15. Donelson

Donelson Tele-Afflicted

May 31, 2011
    Nashville TN
    These bashy, whiny threads bum me out. This guy is a pro & makes good stuff. What's the rush? Maybe you have a gig next week?

RoyBGood likes this.

16. Longer

Longer Tele-Meister

Feb 18, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I spoke with Marc recently, and he mentioned how his email was acting up.
    Regardless, he is the man, and in demand, but only one man.
    I'm sure you will be taken care of, and in the end, get some of the finest work you'll ever find. Cheers!

17. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    I also spoke with Marc a couple of days ago. He`s always been very helpful and patient.
    As mentioned, he`s the man! I`ve got several bodies and some hardware from him, fantastic work!
    I`m sure you`ll hear from him soon.

18. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    I hear this sorry excuse every time about one man shows.. Either you have good customer service, or you don't.

If some of you don't mind 4-5 weeks to have a question answered.. then God blessed you with patience I can only keep praying for.

19. BigDaddyLH

My wife and I are going to get intimate while we play the new John Tesh album.

20. BigDaddyLH

:oops::oops::oops: Woops, Mods, can we delete this thread?! :oops::oops::oops:

RoyBGood likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.