I have lurked here for a couple of years and have used the great info on this site to help guide me through two pine body telecasters (one in 2011 and just finished the second in Dec. 2012). I didn't take any pictures of the first process, but I tried to take pictures of the second process to be able to post on this site. Unfortunately, I used my cell phone cam for the process shots so I apologize for the poor pics, but hopefully the methods will be conveyed. Everything is made from scratch and nothing is perfect, but it plays well and the point being that if I can do it with minimal tools, anyone can, so JUST DO IT! I have learned that there are only a few steps in the process that require precision (nut slots, fret leveling, bridge placement, eh, that's about it for me), most everything else can be fudged if you're doing it for fun like me. Tools used: Electric tools--Table saw (minimally), drill press, band saw, soldering iron Hand tools--planes, chisels, egg beater drill, brace and bit, rasp, files, sand paper, clamps, homemade fret bender, hand saw, homemade fret cutting clamping jig, pliers, spokeshave I try and make stuff as much as possible by hand, which means I tend to leave saw marks and such and I am not worried about imperfections. In other words, I'm lazy. I leave plenty of "maker's marks" because I am too busy with work and family to sweat the small stuff. I made the jack plate, string holder plate, and the neck screw plate out of stuff laying around the shop. As you can see in the pic of the rear, I still need to make a plate for the rear control cover. The body is made of three pieces of construction pine so the thickness is a hair under 1.5", which is a little too thin for the controls to fit in a cavity alone. The neck is a beefy, NO truss rod, 3/4" maple neck plus 1/4" maple fretboard, 1 3/4" wide at the nut, 2" wide at the 12th fret. I recently saw our local honky tonker Dale Watson and was inspired to dress up my Black on Black pinecaster esquire with a Lone Star Beer can. Oh yeah, the finish is Pitch Black milk paint for the body, spray can black laquer for the 1/8" plywood pickguard, and about a 2:1 mixture of poly and tung oil for the neck (three coats). I will try and update this post with pictures of the build process. Thanks again to all who have posted their builds because I have used so many different posts for ideas and inspiration.