Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rosser telecaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by toogoodd, Sep 14, 2017.

1. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2007
    korea
    I've only seen one Rosser guitar in my life, a mini Les Paul style. Haven't heard much about them until recently, but from what I've gathered, Michael seems to be a real legit luthier. I was just wondering if anyone around here has heard about him. He seems to make Telecaster bodies with Pine wood. Does anyone have any experience with his guitars?

Fiesta Red likes this.

2. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I bought an offset body from him, real nice work, sanded really well, precise cuts.

3. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2007
    korea
    ftbtx, do you have any pictures? I would love to see his work :)
    Also, I've read on this forum that Pine is a lot weaker than Ash. Does that mean Pine will dent a lot easier??

4. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 2, 2017
    Tulsa, OK
    Michael has just gone to an eBay-only model, with no custom orders. He puts up whatever he's decided to do, and you get to scrabble in the auction. This is really unfortunate, because he does great work. I have a Pinecaster P90, a weird little mongrel mahogany Mustang, and a Fano RB6-type body that's still sitting unfinished in my closet.

[​IMG]

Fiesta Red and brookdalebill like this.

5. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA

Pine isn't really "weaker," but it is softer, which means it dents much more easily

6. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'll try and grab some oictures this weekend.
    With my pine experiences, it is a much softer wood. Were you may need to srill a pilot hole for a pickguard screw in alder or ash, in pine I didn't find it necessary.
    My guitars just sit at home, so I'm not too worried about them getting dinged, except when my toddler wants to help fix daddy's guitars.

7. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2007
    korea
    Wow, that's a beauty. I've also found out now through his facebook. Sucks, but I respect his choice. I was planning on getting a body from Guitar Mill, but now, Rosser's Telecaster bodies with the use of Pine is really intriguing. :p

8. poolshark

poolshark Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2011
    Tallahassee
    I've had my eye on his work for a while, but only picked up one of his bodies recently. The body was well cut, and shipping was lightning fast. Everything appears to spec, relatively speaking, so I have no complaints.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Nice looking guitar, FerruleCat!

FerruleCat likes this.

10. Dacropoly

Dacropoly TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have 2 Rosser body's. As good as it gets.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.