Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rose pickups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by shooter1952, Dec 2, 2017.

1. shooter1952

shooter1952 TDPRI Member

Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    What's consensus on Rose pickups? I'm think about pairing a Rose Classic Bourbon neck pickup (without cover) with the SD Antiquity 55 I already have in the bridge.

2. texmck54

texmck54 Tele-Meister

I'm a fan just in the process of having one of his TP90 drop in Tele bridge pups installed along with a Reilander P90 neck pickup. Had one of these T90's in another Tele was very pleased with it. Can't remember what set it was but also had a set of Rose pups in one of my Strats as well.

3. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    I've been a huge fan of Rose pickups for a long time..I've bought and used several different sets..All of them beat or equal anything I've ever used..( and the price is right)
    The Bourbon is a very wise choice..Don't know how it will match up with your current bridge pickup but I've found it to be the sweetest Tele neck pickup that I've ever heard..It's wound to sound like a Strat pickup..

4. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    I've got mariposas in one of our strats. Great sound.

5. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Huge, huge, HUGE fan of Rose Pickups. I have them in 4 very different guitars ... 100% happy w all 4 -- would go Rose again, without hesitation.

Whatever it is you may need, Ken can do it!!

6. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    I had Ken wind me a set of Strat pickups to my specs, they came out great.

7. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    I had a set of robustas in a strat clone, and they were well-balanced and snappy.

8. Golem

Golem Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I bought a strat set from Rose pickups about four yeras ago and they're decent. Not amazing, but very good. Their prices were very good at the time.

9. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Any of you that have a Strat, Try the Belles..You'l never look back..

10. a_pidgeon

a_pidgeon Tele-Meister

Oct 17, 2015
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I have a Robusta in the neck of my T-style partscaster, very pleased with it. It's paired with some overwound GFS bridge pickup or another, don't remember which, but the middle position is fantastic.

11. bo

bo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I have a robusta/buff beauty set in a MIJ Strat that I just love. They're good pickups, and not just for the money.

12. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Kent, OH
    Bourbon is a great tele neck. Probably my favorite. I've had it matched with Rose Alba as well as a '52 Nocaster bridge.

13. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

May 31, 2014
    austin
    I too have a bourbon neck/alba bridge. Love the bourbon neck pickup and i am a mainly bridge kind of guy.

I would order more if there werent so many great winders out there. So hard to make a choice.

Commodore 64 likes this.

14. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2010
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Had a set of Mariposas in a MIM Strat. They were good sounding pickups.

15. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

The bourbon + buckaroo combo sounds killer.

16. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2005
    Phoenix AZ
    Also have a Bourbon neck pup. Have it paired with a Texas Tele bridge pup (and four-way switch) in my main gigging Tele. Through my Blues Deluxe the tone is unbelievable (especially when someone else plays it rather than me). Go for it....you won't regret it!

17. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Hendersonville, TN
    Had very good service from Rose all the way around.

I play a pair of their Telecaster A2 pickups in a parts tele and wonderful sounding.
    Also have an A2 Eden P90 from them in the bridge position of a Les Paul Special and equally fine sound.
    One has to provide information detail on what is wanted though and Ken is generally very good answering
    questions and giving advisement.

18. misterdontmove

misterdontmove Tele-Meister

Mar 25, 2011
    Connecticut
    Got these in my Mexican 60s reissue strat. They sound great and deliver tremendous bang for the buck!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.