Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jazzmasterfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    To steal Greg Koch’s catchphrase: Fellas! Ron’s Holiday sale is up. Ive been checking his site every few days and boom there they are. These are great deals, save a few hundred bucks. My first Kirn was a holiday sale and got me hooked.
    There is a jazzmaster that is out of site if I had the money...
    http://www.ronkirn.com/shop/1047-holiday-sale

2. static111

static111 Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2009
    Aiel Waste
    How thin is a "hyper thin" finish lol. Love me my Ol Blackie and definitely want to get another Kirn. My level of gigs and playing as well as my bank account i.e. logic keep winning the internal discussion. Thinking a short scale tele with a hum bucker and p90 combo so I can get a somewhat gibson sound while still playing the only style of electric guitar I feel comfortable on.

3. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Every wood and finish is a bit different. I asked him how many coats he put in my build. His answer was as few as possible. That's hyper thin.

4. John in Pasadena

John in Pasadena NEW MEMBER!

Nov 16, 2017
    Pasadena CA
    Man, I'd really like to get #1032.......

5. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 17, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    I was just checking the sale and noticed #1030 had some unusual switching and controls. Anybody know what Ron has done with that one?

6. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    I forgot about that one... 3 way with separate volume and tone on each pup..

the whole idea behind that guitar is it's patterned after one of Leo's prototypes.. but I added the neck pup and more conventional controls, so ya have the "vibe"of the '49 precursor to the Broadcaster, but with all the more contemporary feel and control of a guitar many are more comfortable with...

How do y'all like it?

Ron

7. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 17, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    Interesting setup. And a clear pine. I thought the weight might be a little higher too. I guess I was thinking the gnarly looking pine was lighter. 6.8 pounds is just right.

Not trying to be a shill for Ron here, just curious. How about the humbucker in #1015? Is that pretty close to standard classic PAF specs or underwound for this guitar?

And the Jazzmaster is nice too. Are the pickups wound pure vintage spec or are they overwound any?

8. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thanks, and., the HB is a SD Seth Lover, the JM pups are indeed overwound about 5% ..

and as we head into the Christmas Weekend,

Might I wish you all a completed shopping list :p... I mean I wouldn't want any of ya to have to venture into the insane asylum Mall for any reason... :eek:

and in all seriousness...

Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year..

ron

9. static111

static111 Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2009
    Aiel Waste
    All I want for Christmas is another Kirn Guitar!

10. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Gotta say, Christmas is definitely merrier with a Kirn in hand!

Spectro28 likes this.

11. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Aug 7, 2016
    Champaign illinois
    I do not own one of these guitars-but a comrade has one that I researched through Rons videos, and have had the opportunity to play it as well. Top quality-fell right into my hand without thinking about or adapting to its feel. It was in the middle of a jam, and I really never thought about the guitar-just making the music. If I ever order a custom tele-it will likely be a Kirn. Good job Ron!

Spectro28, static111 and Jules78 like this.

12. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Just placed my second order with Ron. In a few months, I’ll be lucky enough to say I own two.

13. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Exciting! Tele or strat?

14. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Tele. My first was also a Tele, but a pretty niche instrument—Thinline with a humbucker in the neck. This will be more of a traditional Tele with a couple unique twists. Chiefly, pine body with a flame maple cap. And it all started with this gorgeous pickguard. IMG_8355.JPG

static111 and Jules78 like this.

15. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Cool pickguard! Ron has the nicest caps, can't wait to see it when it is done.

static111 likes this.

16. static111

static111 Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2009
    Aiel Waste
    I’m jealous. I want two Kirn’s!

Jules78 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.