Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jazzmasterfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Unique in a good way! blue and gold so kingsly let us know how she sounds!

TeleTex82 likes this.

2. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Thank you! Yeah, I have a PV52 which is about as traditional and no frills a Tele as there is so I wanted to go in a different direction with this. Wanted to be able to cover as much ground finally as possible and I chose the color and fretboard combo because it matches my wedding band, and the gold because I thought it looks purdy.

3. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois
    She's beautiful !
    Congrats

4. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Thank you!

5. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    IMG_3758.JPG Family portrait

irie and TeleTex82 like this.

6. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone

7. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Did you get that sweet new tele yet?

8. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Heard from Ron today, she's on her way!

Jules78 likes this.

9. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Well she's here and I am absolutely speechless. You read a lot about Ron' craftsmanship and attention to detail on this forum, but let me say that words do not do the man justice. This things is absolutely flawless. The fit, the finish, the feel, the SOUND and even the smell. It's a work of art.

Owning a Kirn has been my guitar dream since I started playing seriously and now that I have one I can day with absolute certainty that the wait was oh so worth it.

Jules78 and Johnson johnson like this.

10. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    1507153902258.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic but as soon as the rain lets up I'll get some outdoor shots that do the articulated satin finish some justice.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Jules78 and dustoff like this.

11. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Happy nkgd!

12. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Ron is currently working on this thinline. Still some sanding to do. REALLY nice wood. If you are thinking the top is bookmatched, youd be right. Also, check out his logo in the body visible through the control cavity.

Attached Files:

13. static111

static111 Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2009
    Aiel Waste
    Has anyone else found that having a Kirn tele has stopped you from making impulse Guitar buys? My old blackie is so great since I received it last December I have spent more time practicing than I ever have. I have also stopped lusting for guitars. Every time I think I want to get a new Guitar I play my kirn and just think, why? In fact I have had several ideas for even getting a new Kirn and since I can only play one at a time and this one is so great I always end up stopping myself from making a purchase. That said I saw a barnbuster with a Bigsby and a mastery bridge on google image search that did make my heart skip a few beats.

14. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Makes me want to buy more Kirns. Ive never played one I didnt love. It starts with those ideas then before you know it you have another on the way.

15. John in Pasadena

John in Pasadena NEW MEMBER!

Nov 16, 2017
    Pasadena CA
    Just joined the club with this freshly created work of art. Ron is a true craftsman and a gentleman to boot!

Attached Files:

16. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA

17. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone

18. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Looks great! Vintage white is real nice. He does such a nice job letting the grain show through.

19. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Holic

Apr 22, 2011
    Virginia
    If I ever get a Tele from Ron, it'll be like that, except with a white pick guard. Love that trans white look.

20. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    One of the great things about that color is how a simple pickguard change completely changes the look. Like wearing the same shirt with a different tie. Toirtose for me.

jamieorc likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.