Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Roll Your Own Artist Model

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by SlowMotion, Oct 24, 2012.

1. SlowMotion

SlowMotion TDPRI Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Georgia
    Hello All,

This club is to show off your artist-inspired guitars. I know many people don't put a lot of stock into artist signature models. Also, a lot of times, the artist in question may not even play a production line copy of their model. Anyway, this club is to show off your artist-inspired guitars.

I'll start. I am a big fan of David Gilmour. Since his signature Stratocaster is way out of my gear budget, I made my own poor mans version. It's a bit of a mix of his two most commonly used Stratocasters, black and red. It is comprised of a 2006 red MIM Standard Stratocaster and the pickup set used in his Custom Shop signature (Fat 50 neck, CS 69 middle, and SD SSL5 in the bridge). I have also shortened the tremolo arm, similar to what he does.

Attached Files:

2. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Aug 1, 2012
    TOC,NM
    Dagum... nobody else? I am ready to see more pics and stories!! :)

3. Buffalo0993

Buffalo0993 Tele-Holic

May 8, 2013
    Texas
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing you did except black on black because I don't like red, but right now I'm having my own signature model put together by a custom builder all the features I want and ill use it all the time. That's a real artist signature haha

I will say that's the best way to get the guitars of the stars because think about it that's what they did before fender or gibson made a deal with them. They took a production model guitar and made it their own with mods

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Aug 1, 2012
    TOC,NM
    I agree 99%

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.