Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rockaudio: Anyone here actually done a build using their bodies?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Hack, Oct 26, 2014.

1. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2014
    Philippines
    Very frustrated about their service. I originally ordered a candy apple red (with white binding) tele body but upon delivery it came off a butterscotch blonde one. I've been trying to contact them but to no avail. Don't recommend purchasing on them. Bad service.

2. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2014
    Philippines
    The bridge mounting holes were 0.125" farther than usual from the neck pocket:
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 2.23.21 AM.png

Attached Files:

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Wow, a lot of bad reviews. I, for one, am still happy with mine. My Rockaudio Tele build has been my go-to ever since the electric bits on my other Tele crapped the bed.

4. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I ordered a body on Friday. Sent them a message also. Never got a response to my message but got an email response that they received my order. Went to their website a little while ago to check status and the website is down........

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

5. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Cacophony, I wasn't aware they did bridge mounting holes. I only had the option for neck, string through and ferrules.

6. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Update: Their phones are disconnected. I put in a claim through PayPal but have to now wait the required number of days to get my money back. So much for working on my Tele during the Holidays. PayPal said their PayPal account is still active though. No idea what is going on with them, but it appears they have closed up shop.

7. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Update: the body showed up at my door. Zero communication. No shipping email, nothing. Body looks good though. I'll let you all know.

8. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2014
    Philippines
    This is one of the refurbished bodies so I got this on sale. BTW, they provided compensation for this mistake a couple weeks after I filed a complaint. The body is up for sale now.

9. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Thanks. Though I received the body, I am still a bit apprehensive about them. Im not sure if they even still exist. I did measurements on the body and everything seems pretty much spot on. I'll know more when I get all my parts together.

Attached Files:

10. Loudog99

Loudog99 Tele-Meister

Jul 29, 2009
    Howell, NJ
    That body looks great to me. Nice burst and good matching of wood grain. Ferrules look spot on, as do the neck mounting holes. On the contrary, these are all areas which are very spotty on the GFS XGP bodies I've worked with.

Urshurak776 likes this.

11. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Tele-Afflicted

Looks like their domain is parked with a "we'll be back soon" message. :(

12. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Hopefully they will be back. The body seems great for the money.

13. Hack

Hack Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2009
    Somewhere, Oregon
    Well, I started this thread about two years ago as I was considering ordering a body from Rockaudio. I actually did end up ordering a body which they said they would custom route for me. I waited about three months but never received the body. After submitting a written request for a refund, I was able to get my money back. After reading many of the experiences others have had with misalignments, wrong shipments and poor communications it seems to me all those red flags were relevant.

Out of curiosity, I looked for them today to see what they had going on, and saw what others here also mentioned: it is apparent that they have closed doors.

Honestly, that is too bad. I really think those guys had some great ideas but just never quite seemed to get things pulled together. I wish them best of luck, and if they do come back I would like to see what changes they have made.

In the meantime, I found a guy who is (or was) making bodies that would make one for me with the features I wanted: fully chambered, F hole but standard tele control rout, Filtertron pickup route in neck, Mahogany top, etc. Cost much more than what Rockaudio was charging. I received the body and just recently finished installing and scraping the tortoise shell binding and getting it ready for tinted clear nitro laquer, and its looking pretty good so far, in my opinion.

Attached Files:

Urshurak776 likes this.

14. Hack

Hack Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2009
    Somewhere, Oregon

15. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    That looks great Hack. Nice job!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.