Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rock Tune with Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell bridge

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Luthier Vandros, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Luthier Vandros

Luthier Vandros Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

What a night. Had to pull the track down and build it from scratch. All kinds of frustrating technical issues. I think my 2011 Mac Pro tower is ready to give up the ol' ghost - or it's any of the numerous, quirky updates since Jobs passed...

Well, here we are. Back with a decent mix and good enough to hang my hat on for today. I'll need to do a light remix/master to bring up the low end energy a bit, but the new bridge concept worked out to my liking. Maybe the low end is fine and it's these new monitors and room. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's you. I really like the new format of the song, since it's been catching me off guard.

I moved away from the Mesa sound that the original had and went back to my 80s roots and goosed a Silver Joob and 800 for the rhythm. I also adjusted my palm muting to be less percussive, giving the edge of the notes a bit more decay or, "jing jing," as it were. That lends itself towards the more dated tone I was going for. The solo still sounds like a mournful cat pining for some midnight lovin', but I can't get away from that autofilter tone on this one!

Anyway, hope you doods diggit.

Big thank you to all of you for your support, time, and criticism. Also so grateful for this forum and it's immensely talented people.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    decker, NWinther and udoering like this.
  2. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    It sounds real full and lots of energy going on. I diggit dood.

Luthier Vandros likes this.
  3. Luthier Vandros

Thank you! My car tells me otherwise. The speakers in this thing have me nervous!

4. decker

decker Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    spain
    Good inventive stuff sir; nice one.

5. Luthier Vandros

Thank you. Had to pull it down. No more late night mixing sessions lol. Will repost it after I fix the bugs. My computer has been going bonkers and it bounced it down without certain compressors and eqs on :(.

Cheers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.