Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Reverb pedals

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by gibson11, Apr 10, 2018.

1. gibson11

gibson11 TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just bought the Mooer Sky Verb mini pedal and returned it. Sounded cheap and the tone knob didn't work. How would the H.O.F. mini compare? Is the H.O.F. V2 that much better?

2. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium
    HOF Mini is a really great pedal, very versatile...It takes 5 seconds to get a new preset with the phone app.

3. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    I have a HOF V1 and are very happy with it.

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  4. gibson11

gibson11 TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Milwaukee, WI
    what if you don't have a smart phone? how do you get other reverbs?

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I know the regular HOF has a USB jack and you can run a cable from your computer to it and download like that. I assume the mini does too. Does it?

6. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    I have a holy grail nano which has been pretty great.

7. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Atlanta
    I bought an ARENA reverb pedal and gave it very little use. Never gigged with it, etc. It died a few months after I bought it. When I asked TCE, all I got was crickets. Never buy from them again.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I have (counts) five TC pedals including the full size HOF and no problems.

9. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    I have 2 TC Pedals Spark Booster and HOF , no problems so far

10. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    What reverb sound are you going for? I find anything trying to do spring sounds, cheap or otherwise, never sound convincing. Plate on the other hand isn't so bad. Or
    You going for chords, washy stuff? If so, pre delay won't be as necessary, if you need the guitar attack to be maintained or plan on running into a dirty amp, get a verb with pre delay (or with settings that allow pre delay control, HOF prob allows this in the editor), that'll maintain the initial note attack and not sound so processed

11. klkampman

klkampman Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    MASH feature on V2 seems really cool and have not heard many bad things about HOF in general

12. gibson11

gibson11 TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Milwaukee, WI
    so I can use a USB cable to get tones on the mini? no smart phone over here

13. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I have and really enjoy the Sky Verb very much. My tone knob works as expected - it impacts the wet signal's tone. My experience with a v1 HOF (not the mini) is that it was too wet for my taste, but I never took advantage of the smartphone interface, so perhaps that could have been solved with some different algorithms.

14. gibson11

gibson11 TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Milwaukee, WI
    Looking for a spring reverb sound like my Ampeg jet- full, medium decay, and creamy for chords. The sky verb to me was processed and harsh.

15. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    I just picked up a used Mr. Black Deluxe Plus, which does blackface style reverb and trem. The reverb is a little on the bright side, but so are Deluxe Reverbs. It's great for giving my reverbless Traynor a Showman the blackface vibe.

I also have a Digitech Polara, which has a dizzying array of options including spring, all of which sound really cool. I was going to sell off the one I liked the least, but of course I still have both.

16. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium
    Yes, you can !

17. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium
    There is the Spring Reverb from Mosky. Some like it (I do), some don't...It is supposed to be a Malekko Chicklet clone.

bgmacaw likes this.
  18. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    Best reverb pedals I've heard or played through:

1. Hungry robot starglazer
    2. Strymon blue sky
    3. EHX cathedral
    4. Keeley Caverns

I bought an EHX cathedral cause they sell them 2nd hand so cheap now... And I just bought a Strymon Flint cause I've dreamt of it too long.

19. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I'd say you really had bad luck. I have the Dark Matter and the Nova Delay and both have been working for years. A friend of mine has the Flashback and the Spark booster and is also very satisfied. Our bassist uses an old TC chorus/flanger since the early 90s.
    There is reason why TC is a big brand that's constantly receiving good reviews.

20. acevh63

acevh63 TDPRI Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Italy
    I had a Mosky Spring Reverb, but it was really poor and disappointing...
    Very good is the Kokko Space, for the cheap ones. But the best of these is Caline Snake Bite, that I still have and made me sell out the T-Rex Tonebug Reverb immediately...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.