Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rest in Peace, Macy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frontman, Jan 2, 2018.

1. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    Sorry for your loss. It’s never easy! Remember the good times.

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    So sorry for your loss. 18 amazing years. RIP, Macy.

3. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I’m so sorry, Frontman. Dogs give us so much in the little bit of time we have with them.

4. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Dogs ARE the best people.
    Macy gave you a great run; prolly because you were so good to her.
    Rest well, fur-baby.

5. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    I am so sorry for your loss.

6. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    I’m not the praying or faith-having type, but this poem resonates and has given me some comfort and reflection when I’ve had to say goodbye to non human family members. My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

RetroTeleRod and stratofortress like this.

7. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Very sorry to hear about Macy. All of us who have dogs and cats dread that day. But clearly you gave her a wonderful long life and made every effort to keep her healthy throughout. I hope your many memories with her offer some comfort in your loss.

8. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I'm very sorry for your loss. 18 years; what a run. Hold on to all those great memories.

10. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Dogs are true family. They don't lie and they give their love freely and without limit. My sympathises are with you as I know what it is to lose such family members.

When it's the right time, I hope you are able to find another. It'll never be Macy but it will be another wonderful addition to the family.

Best wishes.

11. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    Sorry to hear - so sad but much to celebrate there too. I’ve only had one dog - she was a little mutt with bits of cocker and poodle and god knows what else. She lived 17 years until she left us almost two years ago. She was with us almost as long as our two human daughters were at home, so they’re such full members of the family. Don’t really want the responsibility of another dog at this point, but I still miss that little girl every day. RIP Macey. And if you see Millie up there, give her a wag for me...

12. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    I'm sorry Frontman, and hope that you are comforted by the happy memories and shared joys.

13. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I love my jack and I know you'll miss yours. Mine has gone completely blind from glaucoma. She's not so active any more and she likes sleeping in pillows more than long walks. She's just twelve but I see the signs that she's winding down. So sad.

14. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Her love and memory will live on . . .

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Been through that so many times in life. It never gets any better though. Dogs are just so loving, and loyal. To have a good dog in your life is a real blessing. My brother-in-law used to have a saying about hunting dogs, but I think it applies to all dogs, "A good dog, will make you like him." That has proven so true in my life. I'm sorry you lost Macy, and I hope you can move on. When I lost my Candy dog, my wife had to kind of get rough with me I was taking on so about it, she said, "hey buster that wasn't a human being that was a dog we lost." I dunno, sometimes I think it's even worse.

16. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Midwest
    You'd think I'd learn not to read posts like this. They tear my heart up, all over again. We lost our little 14 y/o girl, Jack Russell Terrier, about 3 years ago to cancer. She left a huge void in our lives. But she gave us years of indescribable joy. We still miss her so much. I grieved over her more than I've grieved over the deaths of some human family members. That created guilt feelings. The wound has healed quite a bit but not completely. It still hurts if I allow myself to dwell on it. We had her put down and I still have flashbacks over the experience.

However, we now have another beautiful little girl (another JRT) to share our lives with (we have no children). She has helped us heal. She's a very loving dog with a wonderful personality...like her "big 'sis". Anyway, I know your pain. May God bless and comfort you during this very difficult time. It will take time. But it will get much better.

17. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    It sounds like she had good friends in you and your family...my sympathies...

18. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    So sorry for your loss. Our Jack Russell is turning nine this year and it's hard for me to even think about him passing, but he's definitely been slowing down from constant injuries. 18 years 7 months is in an incredible run, she must have been a happy dog. We currently have a little boy on the way (human) and reading this made me think about how much I hope they get to know eachother like your daughter did Macy. Condolances again.

19. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 15, 2009
    Bavarian Iller Delta
    So sorry . It's all emptiness without the warmth of a beloved furry friend . I know .

Let her poor little heart rest now . Macy will be waiting for you , to meet you at the rainbow bridge , as it is promised. Peace

20. TheBadHombre

TheBadHombre TDPRI Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Walla Walla WA
    Thank you for sharing. I just felt like replying to this so you would know someone read it and cared about what you said. God has blessed you with peace, all you have to do is except it, at least that’s what I learned from my experience......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.