Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rest in Peace, Macy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frontman, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    Our dog passed away this morning, at 18 years,7 months of age. It was a long run, but time catches up with everyone.

Macy was a Jack Russell terrier, from Jacksonville, Florida, and eventually traveled with us to Tokyo, where she spent the last 12 years of her life.

There were a lot of adventures in those years. The housebreaking, torn furniture, ruined carpets. Lots of travel, walks in the cities, mountains, and beaches. Though she never got over knocking over the trashcans looking for a snack, she became a steady and quiet companion.

At 8 years old she was diagnosed with a fairly serious case of cancer. After 2 rather expensive operations, she recovered fully. At 13 she suffered a serious infection while my wife and I were overseas, but our vet was able to pick her up from the kennel, and after another serious surgery, she recovered quickly. It wasn't until she was 16, when my wife and I had a baby, that she began to slow down. At least our daughter got to spend three years with a good dog.

It's very difficult to say goodbye to such a good friend and companion, who was pretty much my shadow whenever I was home. But we got to spend more time together than most people do with their pets, and are grateful for that.

She is enjoying her last nap in the sun before the vet comes by later to pick her up. She'll be cremated, and her ashes returned to us.

Thank you very much Macy for being a wonderful friend, for keeping our family happy and busy. We'll miss you very much.

2. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

sorry man, I feel your pain as I am a JR owner who had to put
    one down at 16 and currently own a 12 year old who is like a puppy...a very wise puppy...great little dogs who really do own you not the other way around ...RIP Macy

this is our guy Booboo

jan 7 2017 096.jpg

tery, JayFreddy and william tele like this.
  3. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    A Jack Russell is a little, wonderful, kick ass dog with a big personality. She shared her life with you and gave you everything she could give you. You are better for the experience and have the rest of your life to understand what she was teaching you.

william tele likes this.
  4. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    So, so sorry

william tele likes this.
  5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    All my thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Frontman.

Macy was lucky to have you, and she lived a good, long life.
    :(

william tele likes this.
  6. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2017
    Western Pa.
  7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    So sorry...Daisy and I send our sympathies.....

william tele likes this.
  8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Sorry about Macy.

18 years when it could have been much shorter is fantastic though.

You guys went the distance with her in caring for her and then she went the distance for you.

Picture ?

william tele likes this.
  9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Sorry man.
    Glad she had y'all, though.

TheBadHombre likes this.
  10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm really sorry you lost your buddy. Some of those little JR's are like lightning in a bottle...hardly ever a dull moment. Eighteen years is a good run...RIP Macy...

11. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    She had a good run...

and that's all any of us can ask for.

Thanks for sharing.

12. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Very sorry to hear this, and definately not a way to start the new year, but know that macy loved you unconditionately and you in return , you were both very lucky to know each other!

13. acstorfer

acstorfer Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2007
    Boynton Beach, FL
    I’m tearing up for you and your family. My thoughts are with you all and Macy

14. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Sorry about your Macy, they are truly our best friends.

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks, Macy, for taking such good care of Frontman.

Dogs are wonderful that way, aren't they?

Our thoughts will be with you and yours, Frontman. Over 18 years is a long time to be partners with an animal.

16. TheBadHombre

TheBadHombre TDPRI Member

Sep 19, 2017
    WA
    If only she knew that all these people are thinking about her life right now. Thank you for sharing her story. I’ll remember it the next time I see this thread in my history. I might as well leave you all with a deep question: does anyone think such innocent animals such as Macy have a soul, a spirit, or whatever one would call a non physical copy of a physical being?
    PS. We had a Yorkie/schnowzer mix who was with us 17 years. I still remember my dads beautiful hand made, stained box for Buddy’s final bed.......

17. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    So sorry. Dogs are the best. Macy had a long run.

18. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    That is the worst. Deepest sympathy, Frontman.

19. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    Ah I love tearing up in a bar reading this. So sorry. Had to put my dog down in May and it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
    Sounds like Macy had a good life. May you remember all the good times.

Cheers,
    Geoff

20. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    Thanks everyone for your support, it helps.

For the last couple of months Macy had been sick, the vet said it was lymphoma. Macy had been undergoing chemotherapy and other medication, and was putting up a good fight, but at her age it was too much of a struggle.

She passed quietly, while my wife was holding her, and as I was petting her. Relatives have come by to keep us company, and say goodbye. Macy was a very alpha-dog type, but was also very friendly. She was not safe around other dogs, but could be trusted with small children, and loved people.

Our daughter is still too small to know what's going on, which is a good thing. She loved Macy, and liked to sit with her and pet her, which was easy enough as Macy slowed down quite a bit last year. They liked to sit together and watch tv, and Macy would be a quiet customer or spectator while my daughter pretended to be a chef or a ballerina.

Macy is still laying in the sun, luckily it is bright and warm today, and she looks like she is sleeping peacefully.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.