Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Reranch color advice.

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by vintagelove, Sep 29, 2017.

1. vintagelove

vintagelove Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2014
    NY
    Hello and thanks for looking. I'm looking for advice on matching the color of this neck to the body. From what I read it seems I can scuff up the finish with 400ish sandpaper, then apply some reranch aerosol tint and clear, and hopefully get the desired result.

So the question is which color do I get. It looks like either butterscotch, or butterscotch blonde. What do you folks think? Should I also go with the tinted clear?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

(The upper non cutaway bout is the most accurate body color)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    I don't understand the question.

Are you looking for just general color matcvhing information? IF so you'll need to post non-grainy, in-focus pictures. It's not possible to tell what colors you currently have wth the blotchy-looking images.

Also - what is the neck coated with now? If it's not conventional lacquer you're looking at the wrong product line. Reranch's lacquers will not adhere properly to a polyurethane, polyester or UV-cured resin coated neck.

3. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Jan 21, 2016
    sub arctic
    I generally like reranch products but try to steer people away from tinted clear. My experience with both the reranch and stew-mac tinted clears were pretty negative, no matter what you do with any finish somewhere somehow you will experience some runs, unfortunately with tinted clear you build pigmented density unevenly in these areas and good luck trying to fix that.

YMMV

4. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 2, 2006
    NY

Well since you said any advice.......I would not change the neck color.
    Look at pictures of vintage natural guitars, the body is almost always darker than the neck.
    I think it looks great the way it is, contrast looks really good.

5. vintagelove

vintagelove Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2014
    NY

Appreciated. I would like to darken it a bit, but it doesn't need to match. Advice on which to darken rather than match would be appreciated from any other experienced folks too.

Thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.