Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Replica Pink Paisley Telecaster - Worth the price? If not, what price? (Photos attached)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by tmdm, Sep 29, 2017.

1. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Hi all,

I am a lefty and have wanted a pink paisley for as long as I can remember. Today, I came across one online. It isn't a Fender, but a custom replica made from allparts body and neck with some relic'd metal hardware. It has a rosewood neck, which I don't like much and would change to maple if I went ahead with this purchase, however, I am reluctant to buy because of the asking price of about $1275 after it is converted from GBP and I can't see it in person as it is in the UK and I am here in the US. I have attached the detailed images that the seller has given me. I was wondering if with your expert telecaster eyes, you can tell me how this guitar looks, how the print looks and what your over all opinion would be. I wouldn't try and pass this off as a Fender if I were to buy it, in fact, I would prefer it have no name on the headstock. But would like it to still look accurate to the original paisley, or at least the Japanese one.

I have been saving for an expensive Taylor K24CE for some time and finally have the funds and now this guitar has thrown the spanner in the works since I NEVER see them in lefty and have wanted one since I started playing. Any advice would be great. Photos attached!

Thank you all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shupe13 likes this.

2. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    No, it isn't worth that imo, a definite replica. As a fellow lefty, I feel your pain mate, and I have always wanted the blue flower variety, but I wouldn't want to pay anything like that kind of money. My only advice is bide your time and don't stop looking.

In the meantime, I would definitely go and play a K24CE, fantastic Taylors.

3. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    1275? No. It's not worth that. It's it even highest quality of parts in that build. I hate the sanded neck. Everything else I dig

radiocaster likes this.

4. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Thanks for the responses. I hate the neck as well. I would want it swapped out for a maple neck with no sanding. But the price would have to be right. What do you guys think it's worth? The seller tells me that it is all Fender licensed parts.

K24CE with AA top is what I've saved for. It's beautiful and I can get it around $3900 all in. But I am obsessed with Paisley's. Just don't want to be ripped off!

Thanks for the responses all.

5. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Way, way overpriced, and IMO, while I like the pink paisley look, I like the more subtle classic examples. This one's just gaudy.

6. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    Does warmoth do a paisley finish? I think you'd be better off putting your own together.

7. MMARSH

MMARSH Tele-Meister

Jun 21, 2015
    CA
    GFS are doing paisley bodies now, I don't know if they have lefties. Cheaper than Warmoth but you definitely get what you pay for!

8. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Not sure they do lefties. If I was right handed I would have probably built one long ago, or even just bought a Japanese one. This one is too pricey though.

Any idea what a Custom shop one might cost? I'm exploring all options.

About a year ago, one sold on reverb for $1100. The buyer tried to resell it just a few months ago for $4000. It was a Japanese one but that price seems absurd. I contacted the seller out of curiosity and they had told me they had sold it. Not sure I believed them though since they kept relisting it. But $4000 for a Japanese one? That's insane.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks all!

9. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    This is a right handed one. I'm a lefty, unfortunately, GF don't build them in lefties. I already emailed them.

ftbtx likes this.

10. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma

I'd try warmoth

11. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Thanks all. And just out of complete curiosity. What would one like this be worth? What would you pay for it. Bearing in mind its lefty and not right handed. Right handed seem to be very common. I saw on in GC the other day. But lefty seem non existent.

12. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    I don't love the guitar enough to give it a fair price. If he sold it at 100.00 I'd probably take it.

I don't know enough about the guitar to price it fairly, either.

If I were considering that, and toying with spending 1200.00 I'd rather build one to my own specifications, and I'd be much happier, versus rolling the dice on someone else's hob job.

13. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    Not something you want. I think you need to go play the Taylor. Then go play a Martin. Buy the acoustic you like.

14. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I get the guitar lust thing, more than many, but that price is a rip off! There are many threads about decoupage & other D.I.Y., related info. You could always piece out the project & put together a personal guitar, at a real affordable price...just my typical, two bits

ndeli55 likes this.

15. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Great advice from all. Thanks for talking me out of it! Told the guy I am no longer interested. I love this forum! :)

16. tmdm

tmdm TDPRI Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Chino
    Okay all, wanting your opinion on this one. I found a luthier who will build me a Pink Paisley. $1599 is the price. Custom built to my spec and to the spec of the 68 paisley tele. Here is the link to the site and some photos. What do you all think? Again, opinions would be great! This guy has great feedback.

http://www.marksoundguitars.com/gallery.html

17. Clifton C

Clifton C Tele-Holic

Aug 26, 2010
    Houston
    You could also check with All Parts to see if they'll sell a left-handed Paisley body directly to you. Then you could assemble your own guitar for a lot less.

18. trep53

trep53 TDPRI Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Timberlake, OH; NEO

19. Flash1909

Flash1909 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    USA
    I bought one of the new reissues last year,
    Fender Japan $999.00 list-17% off
    great sounding and playing guitar
    love mine
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.