Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Replacing True Bypass Switch

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by jgeltchy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jgeltchy

jgeltchy TDPRI Member

Nothing to major here. I need to replace the true bypass switch in a pedal I got for christmas last year. The guy who made it said I would have to pay postage and $20 repair fee, so I figured I have the skill to do it so why not. I know how to install it. Theonly question I have is in where to get a decent quality switch. I don't want to spend over $10 on it. Are the switches from china any good? The ones that are like $3 a piece or less if you buy like 5 at a time.

2. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth Tele-Meister

Try eBay. Buy one of the $6-7 dollar single.
    Should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

3. Jake's Dad

Jake's Dad TDPRI Member

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. limbe

limbe Tele-Afflicted

+ 5.95 shipping. Is there anybody who has bought switches from them and can vouch for their quality?
    Carling switches have a reputation for being good switches.They are not cheap!
    J.D. Have you dealt with them yourself?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  6. Funhouse42

Funhouse42 TDPRI Member

bitches love my switches is top notch. But because of the flat shipping, I wait until I have a large order. I have also used the switches from taydaelectronics.com. They don't "feel" as good, but I haven't had one fail yet.

7. Jake's Dad

Jake's Dad TDPRI Member

I've only used 10 of bitches switches. Not a bad one in the lot.

8. jgeltchy

jgeltchy TDPRI Member

Okay thanks for the help. I'l just something off ebay as the shipping is absolutely ridiculous from bitches love my switches from usa to indonesia.

9. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

10. tjk3052

tjk3052 Tele-Holic

At least you won't forget the name of the website.

11. Setyaback

Setyaback Tele-Holic

I have a very similar thread open here as well, been looking for cheap switches. BitchesLovemySwitches has good prices, but their shipping info is either misleading or incorrect. When I go to checkout, it doesn't list first class mail as an option. I'm buying 2 dpdt's. When I go down to 1 switch, it gives me the option for first class. There's no way 2 footswtiches wrapped in bubble wrap weigh more than 13 oz, but they want to make me pay for Priority. Lame.

I'm going with NewOldSounds.com -- their switches are $2.50 a pop, but shipping is less than $3.

12. BitchesSwitches

BitchesSwitches NEW MEMBER!

Hey! I just tested this out. I'm glad you brought this up because there was an error with the way the shopping cart was calculating the weight for DPDT switches. I just fixed it.

Go ahead and test it out.

And thanks again for pointing this out. In the future if anyone else notices something like this you can always email me at lawrence at bitcheslovemyswitches dott comm. I'd be happy to help out in anyway I can.

13. BitchesSwitches

BitchesSwitches NEW MEMBER!

What were you trying to order? I'll look into it to make sure there's nothing wacky going on.

14. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Depending on the size of the box or large envelope, even small and light, sometimes its cheaper to send it priority then it is to send it via first class USPS with tracking. Its been a while since I have been doing the Ebay thing so I cant really remember the size requirements. 99% of the time, I would only offer priority myself just because it was a lot easier to anticipate the shipping charges.

I don't know the guy and never have done any business with them but its one possible explanation.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.