Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Repetitive static in Amplitube & Guitar Rig

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Staypuft1652, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Each time I play through either of these programs, it works great for a few minutes then gets this loud white noise static. Only stops when closing and reopening program or if I mute guitar volume for a bit. Some weird kind of digital artifacts. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    More info about your system and resources might help, as well as what else you might be running at the same time.

Does it always happen? Sometimes? Did it ever NOT do this, ot has it always behaved this way?

Have you changed anything? Added or removed hardware or software?

The more details, the better

Staypuft1652 likes this.

3. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Just a cheap quad core 4 gb ram ssd notebook. I have all desktop effects and battery saver stuff off. Uninstalled everything not necessary and turned off unnecessary services. Windows 10 64 bit home. Asio4all. Its the only program running. Yes its always done this as long as I have had an interface. I assume its cos its a cheap notebook or my cheap interface(behringer mic500usb).

4. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    I'll defer to the more Windows savvy, but it sounds like you're on the low end of RAM. I probably wouldn't suspect the interface itself, though.

Hope you get it sorted.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

5. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    In the software, are you running any distortion, compression , noise gates, DDls, reverbs ? I guess most specifically what plugs or pedals are you running and in what order there may be a device in line that when your signal drops the noise floor gets amplified creating a white noise effect as the program is trying to find a signal during a quiet part of what you are playing also what Daw are you using?

Staypuft1652 likes this.

6. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Yes I was wondering about ram. I am just running an amp and cab model, no noise gate or any effects. When the noise starts it only occurs during plucking of strings, same or greater amplitude than guitar signal. I can live with it, just makes recording a non-starter, but will just give me a reason to mic one of my amps. Thanks for the help. This occurs in the stand alone exe's, I have Tracktion 6, should I try it in DAW?

7. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    If your guitar is close to the computer, you can get EMI in the pickups, especially when the hard drive is spinning.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

8. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA

Its solid state but damn thats a great idea, I do play rather close to it as my eyes arent great,thank-you!

9. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    I got it fixed I believe. Had to quit using my sole usb 3.0 port and then check the box in asio settings "hardware buffer". I read it somewhere but can't remember where so thank-you whoever figured that out. For some reason the hardware buffer option only shows up while using a usb 2.0 port.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.