Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rehousing a Behringer Pedal/Noob help?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by aaronlowther1993, Dec 14, 2016.

1. aaronlowther1993

aaronlowther1993 TDPRI Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Claremore, OK
    Let me start off by saying I am aware that this might seem like a great deal of effort on a product that doesn't necessarily seem to deserve it, but something about the Behringer Analog Delay adds a touch of clipping that I haven't been able to get since my vintage Ibanez Square Button delay was stolen. Thus, I'd really like to rehouse the pedal in something more sturdy. Can anyone give me some direction and instruction here. I'm good with a soldering iron, and not afraid of failing a few times along the way, I just need instruction. I've got an enclosure on order that should fit the PCB, but I'd appreciate help. And pictures are always awesome when helping an idiot like me.

2. Rezblues

Rezblues Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2016
    your mom
    Hey man,
    It should be a straight forward out of the BGR box into the new enclosure. Only hard part from looking at the pedals guts is the stomp switch. Just wire a 3dpt switch instead. Is the enclosure pre drilled or are you drilling it?

aaronlowther1993 likes this.

3. aaronlowther1993

Sep 4, 2016
    Claremore, OK
    I'm drilling. And I suspect that I'll need to swap out the jacks which I've not ever done.

4. aaronlowther1993

Sep 4, 2016
    Claremore, OK
    And I've never wired into PCB before like the switch will need. So any help or advice there is appreciated.

5. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    It's probably SMD with thin traces and board mounted jacks. Not a good place to start for a beginner.

You might want to consider making a bypass looper rather than rehousing.

matmosphere likes this.

6. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    If you are talking about the unfortunately named VD400 it's my favorite delay. The TC Echobrain looks to be that circuit rehoused for $50.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.