Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Redoing the neck

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by TeleTaktix, Sep 13, 2017.

1. TeleTaktix

TeleTaktix TDPRI Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Miami
    So yeah, i have my an american tele with an american standard neck with glossy fingerboard and satin neck , and the body of a highway one thats satin nitro, i have constantly read that the HW1 ages crazy quick which i am perfectly fine with, but the poly AS neck will probably never age in the body's lifetime, or mine for that matter, so im deciding to ditch the gloss on the fingerboard and possibly sand down the neck a little more and add some tung oil, but the fingerboard is eating at me because im also more at home with satin and natural feels, and the fingerboard i reiterate is glossy, so then
    to my ,point any suggestions on how to proceed in the removal of all that gloss that wont be crazy complicated and or destroy my AS neck? Thanks for your time!

2. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2010
    Iowa
    I can't imagine any way of removing poly while the frets are on that wouldn't be a complete mess. I would just buy a neck finished the way you want and sell yours to fund it.

boredguy6060 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.