Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Redirected from TDPRI

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by Glen W, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2003
    CT
    Has this happened to anyone else? While viewing threads in Bad Dog, the page will go dark and another site appears. Then another, then another, etc. Had to use task manager to close my browser at that point. Virus scan and Malwarebytes scan show nothing.

This happened 2 times now within a week. History basically showed this the first time:
    tdpri.com > navistmedia.com > mediatrackingapi.com > orgels.com >orgels.com

Today was: tdpri.com > navistmedia.com > secure-system.biz (Antivirus for your pc or mac)

I was able to react and close out in time today though. Weird.

2. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    This happened to me using Safari. Ever since switching to Chrome, no more issues.

3. sds1

sds1 Tele-Holic

May 4, 2017
    Orlando, FL, USA
    I only use Chrome, mobile and desktop. Reported this months ago. It's always been an intermittent issue for me.

Discussion from February, no admins contributed to the discussion:
    http://www.tdpri.com/threads/malware-phishing-ad-on-this-site.801700/

I reckon the malicious script originates in those hosted ads and not the TDPRI site itself.

bgmacaw likes this.
  4. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    This has happened twice to me in the last coupla weeks. For the most recent adventure I used Task Manager to shut down 8 sites that I didn't open.

5. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

Apr 5, 2010
    Evergreen, CO
    I was getting so many redirects it rendered TDPRI unusable for me. I had to install adblocker software to circumvent the issue. I’m sure that’s not the route the site owner wants us to take as it reduces his revenue, but it’s the only thing that made this site usable for me.

6. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    On your PC you can use an ad blocking HOSTS file to prevent these ads from running. I hate to have to do that but Google's inaction makes it necessary.

On mobile devices they're hard to prevent since both Google and Apple don't give users the ability to block ads.

7. Glen W

Glen W Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2003
    CT
    Thanks for the replies - looks like I'm not the only one...and seems to be something that's happening relatively recently.

I've been using Windows 10 Edge browser, but it doesn't seem to me like that's the culprit. Any suggestions or guidance, Paul @TDPRI ?

8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    No - never .

9. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

Apr 5, 2010
    Evergreen, CO
    I use the AdGuard app on my iPhone. It does the trick.

10. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Don't blame us. You are the one who took the brown acid.

fabricator likes this.
  11. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

Feb 20, 2011
    Lansing, Michigan
  12. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Been getting them pretty consistently lately.
    Screenshot_2018-09-05-02-57-27.png

13. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    One way is you can put those sites as restricted in your browser, not ideal but it will prevent your browser from going to those pages.
    Another way, is an adblocker

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.