Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Red Hot tele

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Tomasi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Well, it's not the Ferrari red to be completely Kimified as it felt a wee bit too orange for me, but it's quite close to classic italian Rosso Corsa. So it's as Kimi I can get. It seems it's not that hard to persuade me to make a red guitar.:)

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    By stating, "but YOUR guitar is just that", I meant you made it your own. I also, generally prefer, blue-reds, that is darker tinged variants of the hue...but recent spell would suggest otherwise, with a thing for Fiesta Red.

3. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    I usually get a funny look when I say that I feel somehow orangey reds to feel colder to me. Few tick towards to blue not to purple though really does it for me. We're in the same boat with that. But yeah, Fiesta red is an exception. It just works!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

4. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Sunshine.jpg
    Had some sunshine here today in Helsinki, so I managed to take some pictures that show better the color and gloss of this one. I'm also happy to find out that with Crazy Cacti overdrive and Kemper loaded with suitable Orange AD30HTC profile gives me quite Sam Lockwoodian tones as planned. Me happy!:)

Captain Nutslot likes this.

5. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynchburg Tennessee
    That looks great!!

6. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Thanks!

I really hope I have some day a possibility to have an access to a proper workshop to build a guitar from scratch, but some patience, hand tools and tru oil allow quite nice results from unfinished prefab parts. This site has been a great inspiration for me to do things I never thought I could do. Thanks everyone!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.