Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Red Devil pickups...?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Oct 11, 2016
    uriah1 likes this.

2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Guessing he is going to have a signature of each type of pickup before it is all over.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Upgraded lil 59 or lil jb ?

4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    A strat is a strat. Just get a guitar with a humbucker.

But, I am contradicting myself. My tele has a single coil sized rail humbucker.

5. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Oct 11, 2016
    I'm not sure what to make of these... I mean is Billy playing a strat with these installed now?

Be a real shame if he isn't....

But if they are any better than his mexican lottery strings then maybe they are ok, cause the strings are Terrible with a capital T.

6. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2017
    Tampa Bay Area
    They were just announced, so it is unlikely anyone outside of the company has any experience with them. Most likely they are like Little 59s with more high end...like a Little Pearly Gates.

7. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Just googled about a thousand images of Billy and not a Strat to be found.

Has he ever played a Strat, I'm sure he has.

Another Seymour Duncan marketing.

If you've seen the Premier Guitar video. All his guitars are processed to sound like his LP Pearly Gates. At least live.

Does Seymour really know about all this?:confused:

8. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    I saw a vid of his rig rundown. They try and eq it so every guitar he plays sounds as close to the same as possible. Maybe he wants to get closer with a Strat.

9. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2017
    Tampa Bay Area
    He is using the pickups on his current solo tour.

10. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    I wasn't impressed by the demo at all.

11. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    Why anyone would really want to copy BGs current tone is beyond me....
    Nothing against BG , but he has more endorcements than Johnny Hiland these days

12. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Afflicted

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    ...It just seems ....sorta like.... the time to care about BG's rig was 30 years ago or something.....
    Nailing Blue Jean Blues and Tush is one thing... or even Sharp Dressed Man.... BITD.... but jeez ... us folks that remember the Good Tunes are dying off. Maybe that's the idea. Those of us left, with some coin in pocket are supposed to buy more crap. (& then leave it to kids and grandkids who say...... Billy who?
    ZZ what?)
    Well, anyway. Back to practicing.... with the appropriately dated peso. On my .0007 ga. strings...... (which last only 30 seconds... 'cuz a the peso.... and .... wait... lemme adjust my knit hat...)

13. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Dec 28, 2007
    Wimauma Florida
    I'll never understand what seems to be an infinite number of ways to wrap wire around a magnet.

Abigail Ybarra sits and operates a machine that wraps wire around a magnet, but somehow the guy sitting next to her using an identical machine, identical magnets and identical wire is making pickups that are inferior.

I'll never be able to wrap my head around that.

14. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    Smoke and mirrors.......and the fact that its a very easy thing to get going , thats why there are so many winders these days. Im not saying anything bad about any pickups o the market , but.....how much difference can there be ?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.