Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Recognize this Telecaster?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Slim Chance, Feb 12, 2018.

1. PeterUK

PeterUK Friend of Leo's

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Great information. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve had another look and I still like it!

:) Peter

2. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    I tend to be a traditionalist, but with the white guard and rosewood board, i could be convinced otherwise.

3. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2011
    Virginia
    More info:

"The 1983 list price for an Elite Telecaster was $895, and its current value is $1,500. Action shots of an Elite Tele played by Dave Davies in full clown makeup can be seen in the 1984 video for the Kinks “Do It Again” single from Word of Mouth. Davies used Elite Teles for recordings and live shows through the rest of the ’80s."

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/1983_Fender_Elite_Telecaster

If FMIC hadn't canned this model and they had kept making them, I wonder what players would think of them now.

Dan Smith was responsible for the elite series. Here's his obituary (with quotes from my old boss, Mike Lewis--I worked for him at Charlottesville Music a very long time ago).

http://www2.fender.com/experience/artists/dan-smith-fender-visionary-passes-away-70/

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

It could catch on.

I remember a time when Teles with WRHBs were quite inexpensive to buy (as were Jazzmasters) and it seemed like because nobody wanted them, nobody wanted them.

But I don't personally like them enough to pay a premium like that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.