Back in March 2015 I posted details of a budget 3 pick up SX Tele type I had bought and outlined the various mods I was planning. For various reasons the project got boxed up in storage and I never got around to getting my act together and getting the job finished until a few months back.. Thought I would now post some pics and details . Hopefully somebody .will find it of interest. I bought this guitar whilst on vacation in the US visiting the GF's relatives. Back then the UK pound was a quite a bit stronger against the dollar and at $99 on special offer from Rondo (including gig bag) it was a real steal for a 3 pick up Tele type guitar .. SX guitars have had some mixed reviews but I had been very impressed with the build quality and fret finish of the Ash bodied Tele type I had purchased. a couple of years earlier. With a set of DM Twang Kings and new pots that guitar plays, .sounds and looks well above its budget price. As it happens the new addition did not disappoint. The SX comes with (understandably) pretty mediocre pups and pots which most people upgrade. As this was going to be our 4th Tele in the family I was looking for something a bit different with this project so decided on the 3 pick ups with a P90 in the neck with a fairly hot bridge. I also planned a fairly complex wiring that would give me series and out of phase options.. While in the US I emailed , .on good advice, Ken Currie of Rose pick ups in California.. This guy gives amazing before and after sales service as well as making hand wound Custom shop quality pick ups for very affordable prices. I suspect he is already well known to many other forum members. Anyway after exchanging emails with Ken I went with an Eden P90 with Alnico V in the neck ,a Buckaroo Bridge with Alnico 8 and a Buff Beauty Alnico V in the middle. The pick ups were wound so that neck and middle were both hum cancelling with the bridge pup. Cost was $135 shipped which was more than I paid for the guitar. But these were really excellent pups.....more later. The guitar itself was very well made.. Construction and finish were excellent and everything seemed to line up nicely. I had expected to have to do some fret work but they were surprisingly level with quite smooth ends. The 16th and 17th frets may have been a tad high but a couple of taps of a hammer to a piece of wood laid over the frets improved this. Before restringing I gave the frets a good polish with wire wool followed by metal polish and then gave a good coating of fret oil as the rosewood was a bit dry.