Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Real Nocaster CS??

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by LD4TV, Dec 5, 2009.

1. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.
    I just picked this up from craigs list and don't really know if it is real...
    It looks like a Nocaster RI, no SS#. I havent looked in the neck pocket yet and can't find any ID#s at all. the bridge plate is a Joe Barden and the Bridge PU is a SD59er. Here are some pics. It plays great but is it real Fender??
    I haven't been able to find this type of Custom Shop Logo in any Pictures anywhere.

Attached Files:

2. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.
    More Pictures to comehttp://www.tdpri.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

More Pictures to come

3. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.

Attached Files:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    All custom shop guitars have markings on the neck on the back of the headstock under the pickguard in the neck pocket sometimes in the neck pocket cavity but they all have markings somewhere with the CS logo or they simply arent CS made guitars.

This looks like a nice tele but in these pics Im not seeing anything that would lead me to believe its a CS model.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  6. TELECASTERbstrd

TELECASTERbstrd Tele-Afflicted

Oct 13, 2004
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Pull the pg (relic stamp) and the neck for better ID.
    Sweet looking guitar!!!
    Love the neck! Bardens! Good deal?

7. timmer

timmer Tele-Afflicted

Cunetto neck? It looks flamey enough.

Body doesn't look the right color though.

8. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.
    Have you seen this type of Logo before??

9. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.
    The neck is what really sold me, it is sweet and straight. I had the PG off yesterday. The pick-up cavities were painted with what looked like lead shielding and the back side of the PG is also treated with foil.

10. JosephB

JosephB Tele-Afflicted

Nov 18, 2007
    Auburn, Alabama
    looks like a CS logo in the back on the second picture...

11. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It is impossible to say with any certainty from those pictures, they simply aren't detailed enough. I can say that a Nocaster should have all slot head screws - I can see yours has Philips head screws on the tuners. Not a good sign IMO.

I suggest you:

1. Take off the pickguard - take a clear picture of what you see there.
    2. Take off the neck - take a clear picture of what you see in the neck pocket and on the neck heel.

Post those here and we should be able to help.

12. TELECASTERbstrd

TELECASTERbstrd Tele-Afflicted

Oct 13, 2004
    Hill Country TEXAS
    +1

13. sdd28772

sdd28772 Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland
    Phillips head screws used for the turners looks suspicious to me.:confused:is there a fender pat pend number on the bridge?

14. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    The CS logo can be pressed into the wood on the back of the headstock if this has one I cant see it in these pics.

15. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Michigan
    Sure looks like a Cunetto-era CS logo on the back of the headstock. The flamey neck is also a sign of a Cunetto. So far, to me, it looks like the neck is legit, gotta do what BBB suggested and pop the neck and the pickguard.

16. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    I saved that pic blew it way up and can sorta see what looks like a CS logo.

If its there the neck is a CS and probably a Cunetto era one.

17. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    [​IMG]

This is a Cunetto Strat with the logo its in a different location than the Tele but if yours looks like this then the neck is a CS model for sure.

18. usc96

usc96 TDPRI Member

Jan 21, 2007
    East Coast
    beautiful flames on the neck. Take the pick guard off and tell us if you see "Relic" stamped into the wood. Not sure when they started that, but mine has it.

19. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Sure looks like a Cunetto neck to me....the rest...who knows ?...need better Pics that's for sure.

20. LD4TV

LD4TV TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2009
    OC CA.
    Yes it has this one stamped in the back of the headstock... Good News! It is not a relic I can tell that (I don't get making it old when it is new) so my next thing todo is play the heck out of these new strings and then tear it down all the way next time... :p

21. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Cool yes good news sorry for the confusion. The neck is a CS for sure.

Even the ones that arent Relics have a stamp that says RELIC on the body.

The cunetto ones also have batch numbers written in the neck pocket and on the neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.