Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Real life mandela effect examples

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Danaluet, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:47 PM.

1. Danaluet

Danaluet NEW MEMBER!

Friday
    New York
    1. Was there 4 or 6 seats in JFK's car when he was assassinated? There are very old photos and footages showing its 4 seats but there are also other high pixel photos showing its 6 seats.

2. Publishers clearing house says on its website that they never hired Ed Mcmahon, the guy that everyone remembers giving out publishers clearing house checks on TV!

(3:52) is the Ed mcmahon part

You guys must have more, welcome to add to the list.

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Ed McMahon gave out checks for American Family Publishing, similar scam similar commercials.

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    One of the most famous examples of the Mandela Effect is the last line in Queen's We Are the Champions. Most people think it ends with "...of the world," whereas those words actually aren't sung... in the studio version.

But, a few weeks ago, I was watching some video of Live Aid and guess what? Freddie Mercury ended We Are the Champions by singing "...of the world."

So, I'm calling this one a BS Mandela Effect, as most people are probably just remembering the live version, where the line is sung.

4. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

May 11, 2007
    Toronto
    I don’t know much about this except my sister worked for the guy and was there when he died. Apparently it was “fun” keeping certain parties away from each other during the funeral.

Cheers,
    Geoff

5. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Meister

Apr 3, 2018
    victor,ny
    Shows just how fallible human memory is

Whiskerz and Ekko like this.

6. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2010
    Ypsilanti, MI
    The Berenstain Bears kids books is a big one. A lot of people, including myself, seems to remember it being Berenstein Bears.

This shows how fallible human memory is and also how much our minds perceive things that aren't actually true. Our perception isn't reality.

I'm going to have to listen to We Are the Champions again as I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this example.

7. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Holic

Aug 25, 2016
    I remember a discussion about "On the Dark Side" with several people who swore it was by Eddie and the Cruisers, and were rebuffed by several others who KNEW it was by Springsteen. Nobody involved put any faith in my objection to both assertions.

Bellacaster likes this.

8. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    It was in Eddie and the Cruisers, but was recorded by the Beaver Brown Band, right?

awasson and nojazzhere like this.

9. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    I remember talking with people just recently who actually remembered “ On the Darkside“ as a good song . o_O

10. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    My band plays it. People dance. Therefore, it’s a good song!

awasson and Bellacaster like this.

11. warrent

warrent Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    One of your group is not wrong
    eddie-and-the-cruisers-on-the-dark-side-scotti-brothers-2.jpg
    It didn't get credited to Beaver Brown until the next issue in 84

Bellacaster and Sollipsist like this.

12. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky

13. warrent

warrent Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    I was hoping for a Mandola through a flanger but ...
    The Mandela Effect is evidence that you may have experienced events from a different reality. Finding others with similar memories can affirm that.
    http://mandelaeffect.com/

14. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    Thank you, Warrant.

so it's about the fallibility of memory.

I was hoping maybe it was speculation about the circular vs linear concepts of time.

Ekko likes this.

15. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Meister

Apr 3, 2018
    victor,ny
    Hardly

16. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Jun 22, 2010
    Ca
    I have a pretty new flanger effect. It's from TC Electronics. I like it. We should get together and see how it reacts to your Mandela effect.

17. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Stomp Box subforum?

moosie likes this.

18. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Meister

One should always take record-related "mandela effects" with a grain of salt because it is so easy to alter recordings and reissue them. For example: There are three different versions of Joe Walsh's second recording of "Turn to Stone" out there: On the original 1974 So What? album release the everyone in the band enters at once. On the Best Hits version there is a snare flam before the band enters. On the Look What I Did! box set version there are eight kick drum hits followed by the snare flam.

Many, many other artists have released multiple versions of songs. Shania Twain put out one album in two versions: pop and country.

Bob

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.