Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

RE: Epi SL's. Les Paul or not ?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Jay Jernigan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Just wondering if anybody has played one and wants to share? Thanks.

2. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    It says so on the headstock. So it is, unlike 1950s Gibson Melody Makers.

Even though they failed to get official approval.

3. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Had a Melody Maker in about '71,& it had many deficiencies,(pickups, bridge,tuners), but it was a cool little slab and sounded sweet after I put some P-90's in it. I am wondering if one of those could capture the vibe. I realize that you can get a "Special" with P-90S already in it, but for some reason, I like the pickguard on the SL. It could open up options for control layouts, plus it does look more like a MM that way.

4. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    I will have to apologize for putting up this thread. Just found FenderGyrl's post on the same subject. She knows what she is talking about, and will no doubt answer the questions I have on the matter. Thanks.

FenderGyrl likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.