Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

RCA projector amp project

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DCW74, Sep 13, 2018.

1. DCW74

DCW74 TDPRI Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    I just finished testing this RCA projector amp to see how much work will be needed before I convert it for guitar use. I brought it up on the variac, and I have sound! This one will be fun! 20180913_230756.jpg

2. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Nice! I have an old (functional) 16mm projector I got from my grandfather. I don't think it's all that great for guitar use as it has the ultralinear transformer and amp design. But it smells great with the light on and it's fun to watch those old films for the 10,000th time.

RoscoeElegante and DCW74 like this.

3. DCW74

DCW74 TDPRI Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    If I had films, I would have kept this one intact. But it was just $40. I can probably recoup my cost by selling the bulb!

4. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I believe it was Ritchie Blackmore that got a lot of his
    famous OD from a wollensak or another small unit projector
    or recorder.

5. DCW74

DCW74 TDPRI Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    That is cool. I had no idea. The Filmosound amps are going through the roof on price. So I am happy to find anything I can convert and it's good to know someone awesome did it, too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.