Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Rank your teles

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Seasicksailor, Apr 20, 2017.

1. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Nobody should have more than one. :D

2. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Bristol UK
    ... of the same body/pickguard colour combination! ;)

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Heck, I have eight of the precise same special edition, anniversary model, with just subtle variations in wood grain. All made within a few weeks on one another, as I understand it.

The more similar certain guitars are, the harder you have to concentrate to tell them apart. I think it can be good for ya, to focus on things like this from time to time. Other times, just turn up LOUD and get on with it! :^)

Seasicksailor likes this.

4. ccotton

ccotton TDPRI Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

1) Highway one tele w/ Klein Fatman in the bridge. Relic'd by Dax an Co and a buffalo nickel in the headstock. This one feel's the best to play and has a great warm tone to it.
    2) '91 American Standard. This is my at home, play on the couch guitar currently. I play it the most. Feels great and sounds great with the SD QuartPound bridge.
    3) '13 American Standard. Currently my C standard guitar. I play this guitar only on a few songs but I put a Bare Knuckle Pile Driver in the bridge and it is mean!
    4) '13 MIM Standard. Played way better than I thought. Currently torn apart for a special project.
    5) '16 Custom Aluminum. Plays well, a slight intonation issues. Weighs 14lbs.....14!!

5. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    #1 - '06 American Series

[​IMG]

#2 2011 MIM Cabronita

[​IMG]

That was easy. Love both, but my MIA is practically perfect in every single way - like Mary Poppins.

6. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    I have 3.

My favorite is a partscaster with Fender OV pickups. Twangs for days. Setup is pretty good, but probably could be better. Very comfortable. Black w/ 3 ply white.
    Second is a Peavey Gen EXP. Nicely put together. Has the Fishman pickup option. Gold w/ black. Pickups are polite.
    Last in another partscaster. Black w/ gold everything. Bigsby on a Vibramate. Needs a little work. The differing string tension tends to pull the Bigsby out of line. And because it has a 3-barrel bridge, the spacing never stays right. I could correct the latter by grooving either the saddles or the Bigsby. Has SD Broadcaster pickups which are also very nice. A little work, and it would be great for the right song.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.