Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

R. Keeley Wah DC Jack w/ Supply Filter

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Just-Jim, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of Wah questions lately, but none that covered this one.

I was thinking of having my Cry Baby modified by Robert Keeley for true bypass (not the one with all the bells and whistles, just true bypass). I notice they offer what is called a "Wah DC Jack w/ Supply Filter" for $30. Does anyone know exactly what this is and does? My Cry Baby is kind of noisey (unwanted hum and static) through my Blues Junior, so hoping this might be a special jack to help reduce that noise.

I emailed Robert Keeley, but did not receive a response and don't have time to call them on work hours. My feeling is that if this jack does not do what I want it to, it may make more sense to just purchase a Modtone Vintage Way for $60 to get the true bypass versus sending mine out to have the work done.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Al Watsky

Al Watsky Tele-Afflicted

I have a wah with that keeley mod AFAIK its a filter for the power supply and will not effect the sound in any way. Its for the cry babies that don't have a power supply input.
    Don't think it will help your noise problem.

3. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

Thanks Al W.! Appreciate the info.

Jim

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.