Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Quilter Overdrive 200 demo

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by chemobrain, Aug 10, 2018.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    Maybe it’s my phone speakers, but I ain’t digging that at all.

I also just watched a bunch of Fly Rig demos on my phone, which sounded great... so... I don’t know what to think.

3. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    That's a pretty accurate demo. I have one and it's a very versatile amp. It sounds better with the "gain" knobs dialed back and the masters up, kind of like a lot of distortion pedals. I also have the original Tone Block 200 that only has the tri-Q... the OD200 allows for much more EQ and gain adjustment, but I still keep the TB200 because it's just so "plug and play."

4. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    The Fly Rig does sound totally different than this... I have one of those too :D

Jakedog likes this.

5. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    The 'gritty cleans' sounds kind of static-y and crackly IMO. Not digging that.

Here's SS tech from the 70's.. just so someone doesn't call me a SS H8R

I think this sounds pretty nice.. (prob better with a tele ;) )

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

6. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    It's hard for me to compare with the Quilter vid since one is close miked with a tele and the other is room miked with a Les Paul, but I agree, the Lab Series does sound great!

7. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Okay that settles it - I need to record a demo comparing Quilter OD200 with DV Mark Micro 50, Tech 21 TM30, Flyrig 5, and maybe throw in a Vox MV50 AC in there, all with a tele through the same cabinet. And also a Champion 600 just for the record.

foundjoe and scrimmer like this.

8. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    The Quilter sounds decent.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.