Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Quick Capacitor Question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Edsel Presley, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Edsel Presley

Edsel Presley Tele-Meister

Jan 29, 2017
    I salvaged some parts off of a long forgotten bass project with the idea of upgrading the electronics in my Squier. A couple of 250k pots and a capacitor. But, I don't know if this particular cap is suitable for a tele. Will it work? Also,, how to test if it works? It should, it's never been used. Wired in, but not used.

IMG_6893.JPG

2. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    That there is a 0.047 microfarad. It might be a tad dark, as most folks like a 0.022. Who knows, you might like it, just solder it in and give it a shot, or do like @jvin248 and others recommend and temp it in with a couple of alligator clips, compare it to some other capacitors you may have.

3. JD0x0

JD0x0 Friend of Leo's

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    47nF polypropylene cap. It'll work fine. BTW any cap will 'work' it's whether or not it makes the tone filter sound/perform to the player's preference. I prefer smaller value caps usually under 10nF, personally.

4. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

The 715p orange drops have a 5% tolerance as shown by the letter j.

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    It'll work just fine. I have a .047 in my Tele, also an Orange Drop. Sounds great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.