Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Quick and dirty new/recent record reviews

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    We have a library that gets in a ton of new releases .

Ready ? Here goes :

Neil Young Hitchhiker : recorded in '76 solo acoustic.3/4 of the songs you know but not in these versions and the other ones you don't know . If you like acoustic Neil you'll like this .

Queens Of The Stoneage Villains : dance and grooves plus QOTSA = fun. Still has the heavyosity as well.

Alice Cooper Paranormal : speaking of fun, this record is a gas . Short , to the point , funny songs that rock. He even sneaks in a God-ish one. Nice job Alice you rock legend ! (It also inexplicably has Larry Mullen Junior from U2 Playing drums on every song.)

Sugar Copper Blue (reissue) : forgot how great this record was. Easily one of the best things Bob Mould ever did . Comes with the Beaster ep on another disk and also a bonus disc - live at the metro 92 .

Steve Martin And The Steep Canyon Rangers : let me go on record first in saying that I liked his two recent records with Edie Brickell quite a bit . With this record Steve and the boys somehow managed to take the whitest music on the planet (bluegrass) and make it even whiter . It also sounds like they were trying to design string band music for people who do the New York Times crossword puzzle every day . Couple songs sound like more clever versions of something the Barenaked ladies would do. Yecch...

63 Nuggets from The Cramps Record Vault (reissue/compilation) : I actually bought this like I bought all of the ones in the series. I think there are at least five or six of these packages so far. 2 discs, crazy stuff, 90% of it you've never heard before, blues rockabilly R&B novelty songs super rare 45s - it's all there. highly recommended.

Rodney Crowell Close Ties : super good record. Guy has been on a tear lately . Its pretty mellow and doesn't really rock out that much but it's a fantastic record .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.