Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Questions - Fender Standard Telecaster CAR MN Mexico

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Equus

Equus TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Indiana
    I love everything about a Mexican Fender except the PUs and the birds nest of wires used. I replaced my bought strats PUs with tex-mexs and used vintage 57/63s in my strat build. To my ears the Tex-Mexs sound a bit twangier and the 57s more full. I've got vintage 64s on the way for my Tele upgrade. I prefer push bsck wire mainly because its easier to work with.

2. Teledactyl

Teledactyl NEW MEMBER!

Sep 28, 2017
    Prince Edward Island
    I have a 2014 MIM ...Candy Apple Red / maple board....and I love it. Intonation is spot on...neck is level, no sharp edges, satin neck...I played every Tele in the store and besides this one MIM, the only other one that was really good was the American Professional at $1900+. The pups are ceramic and punchy. I will swap them eventually...but this is a keeper git in a terrific deep red.......

Dave

MIM Tele
    Breedlove Oregon
    Dobro Squareneck

3. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Well, im about to get it, probably now at November or December. Guys are pickups okay? Some of you said they are too punchy? 550 new from GC

4. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    You can take that guitar directly from the store to a gig and you wouldn't be let down. The pickups are hotter than vintage style single coils, but not, to my ear, excessively so. I kept mine in for about a year, but last week swapped them for a set of OVs. The difference didn't floor me, but they are a bit fuller sounding, which is why I wanted a change. If you do want to swap out the pickups, you must try the '64s as used in the AV 1964. Boutique sound for a reasonable price. I would have used them if not for the fact that I already have a set in another guitar. Good luck with your purchase and please post some photos when you get it.

5. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Well i do want it if pickups are strong and hot, ceramic :) Thaths the point. Cant wait, just need to sell my old squier

6. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Guys is it very heavy?

Also is neck thick? I got affinity and its damn thick :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM

7. Equus

Equus TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Indiana
    Mine doesn't seem to be heavier than any other electric I own, if it is it's not very much.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.