Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Question For POD-XT Live Users Regarding Patches/Presets?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by tonytrout, May 11, 2017.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    Ok, some of ya'll know that I purchased a new POD-XT Live late last year after my previous one went kaput on me.

I absolutely love the POD-XT Live - but - I've got a bunch of presets that a fellow forum member sent me and I also bought more presets/patches via Ebay (sent through email).

I've got 12,000 presets/patches at my disposal - I know I'll probably never use but a few of them - but I am very unsure of how to get those presets from my computer to the POD-XT Live???

Can anybody help out a guy here? I'm more than a bit of a noob when it comes to these amp/effects modeling units and any input is very, very appreciated!!! Even though I'm a noob at this, I want to learn all I can.

2. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Pretty sure you want the Line 6 Monkey app for your PC or Mac. That's what I used for the POD HD I had, and it is supposed to support pretty much everything. You'll need a USB cable, which probably came with the POD.

The Line 6 Community (forums) is probably going to be a quicker way to get answers!

3. tonytrout

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC

Actually, I bought the unit off of a seller on Ebay and it didn't come with the manual or a USB cable.

I'm a member of the Line6 forums - but I guess I didn't want to appear to be a total idiot posting this question there.

Thanks, anyway. :)

4. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    I'd start by reading the manual, downloadable from the Line 6 site here.

It takes a USB cable like most computer printers come with. You may have an extra one laying around the house, or if you don't, one of your friends probably does. I know I've thrown out a few over the years! (As the link shows, they are cheap if you need to buy one, probably cheaper if you can wait for direct shipment from a Chinese eBay seller!)

5. Fenderflame

Fenderflame Tele-Holic

Aug 2, 2013
    Mid Sussex, UK
    Hi Tony

This might help:

6. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    You can move presets between the POD and your computer with either Gearbox or Line 6 Edit. Both are downloads on the line 6 website.

7. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    ^^^ This ^^^

As mentioned already, the USB cable required is known as a "printer cable". If you have a printer, borrow that cable :).

1: Install Line 6 Monkey
    2: Install Line 6 Edit (the older version, not the HD version)
    3: Connect your XT

If all goes well, the program will load all your patches from the POD XT. Save those in case you need them later.

You will load the new patches you got into the editor, then upload them to the POD XT.

No offence to anyone on those forums, but I honestly don't find those forums very useful. This place is much more helpful... :D

tonytrout likes this.

8. tonytrout

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC

That's why I posted my question here since we do have a dedicated sub-forum for these type of multi-effects units. Thank you so much for your helpful reply. :)

As for the print manual, I've tried looking on Ebay hoping that one of them would show up but it looks like I'm going to have to print it off and make my own.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.