Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Question for NRA (and maybe other organization) members

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Sep 28, 2017.

1. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Well if I was a member of the NRA, this is what I'd do; I'd sit in a rocking chair on my verandah with a shotgun and whenever the postman or junk mailer approached my letterbox I'd aim the gun at him and say "You just keep on movin' there boy!", and spit tobacco juice into the garden. Of course the gun wouldn't be loaded; that would be irresponsible.
    ;)

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Bad plan. Do remember where the term "Going Postal" originated. ;)

william tele likes this.

3. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Don't underestimate my cold vengeance the only win in a wikiworld is a wipe!

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

:eek: That's not what I would want to hear about the NRA!

Anode100 and Obsessed like this.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    The worst thing about these catalogs are they are no good for using in the wood stove and no good for use as T.P., so what's the point?

6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    It is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. clintj

clintj Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2015
    Idaho
    When I was in my early teens my family took a trip around the US visiting a bunch of national parks and such. One of the things we took along was a big bag of those "subscribe now" cards from magazines and "no postage required" envelopes from junk mail. Whenever we stopped somewhere for meals, gas, or whatever, we'd drop a handful in the closest big blue mailbox.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

That reminds me ... A friend once told me his teen-aged son and the son's best friend were in a crazy competition. They would mail off magazine subscriptions for the other one to magazines they had no interest in: senor's knitting patterns etc.

9. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    I like the Stewart McDonald catalogs. I don't get a 2 year monthly subscription like they do when you order something from the U.S., but they still manage to send me a couple to another continent.

10. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    1) Nothing wrong with receiving paper catalogs, regardless of the size. This obviously works for their sales. Don't like them? Throw them out.

2) E-mails? Just unsubscribe.

------------

My heart bleeds for these First World problems that some folks are complaining about.

Move to Uganda and you won't have them.

11. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Or save 'em up for a weekend fire in the BBQ.

Sit out looking at the stars with a glass of your favourite refreshment.

12. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Yep, I belong to them both and the NRA. Now I get stuff from Save the Wolves, Save the Foxes, Save the Horny Toads, Save the Salamanders, and more. NRA sends me insurance sales, credit watchdog sales, life insurance, canvassing or lobbying politically sales and raffles on guns.

Good thing there isn't a Save the Ducks mailer ....I belong to Ducks Unlimited. Screw Daffy and his "sufferin' sucatash."

I'm at my desk now going through the piles of mailers over the last week, Ocean Conservancy is another one.

Mechanic likes this.

13. BuckSatan

BuckSatan Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2011
    USA
    So was the kid delicious?

14. eedwards

eedwards Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Aug 17, 2007
    Alabaster, AL
    I got the Sweetwater mailings for several years after buying some strings. It was like getting the Sears catalog when I was a kid. I have no problem with that.

Then a couple of years ago, I found a guitar I wanted. Got a good deal by talking to my Sweetwater rep. Almost no negotiation required and got a better price than me in person at Guitar Center in town. I have ordered too many things from them in the past 2 years.

So the mailing works - eventually.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.