Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Question About Removing A Troublesome Cap From The Pickups Of A 60s Galanti

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by JAnderson, Mar 27, 2016.

1. JAnderson

JAnderson TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Davis
    I just have a question for one of the many great techs on this board. I'm messing around with my old 60's Galanti, and I want to remove the notorious tone-sucking treble cap and/or resistor that was put on the pickups. Trouble is, of course, I'm a complete newbie and have no idea what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell just by looking at this picture of the insides?

Attached Files:

2. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Michigan
    I don't know anything about that guitar or how its wired to the controls, but based on that picture each pickup has its own cap on it. The red wire from the top pickup in that photo goes through the Ducati cap, and the red wire from the bottom pickup goes through both a cap and a resistor.

Are there values on either of those other than the +/- 20% that can be seen on the lower cap? That's simply the tolerance that it can be out of spec.

3. JAnderson

JAnderson TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Davis
    Hey, thanks for taking a look! My GF is from Michigan, Sterling Heights, and she did her masters at Northern in Marquette. Beautiful state. The brownish red Ducati cap says 10k/20. Here's another pic.

Attached Files:

4. Endmile

Endmile NEW MEMBER!

Wednesday
    Bay City, MI
    Hi there did you ever get this figured out? I have a similar 3 pickup Goya Panther and I'm looking to do the same thing, but no one seems to have a photo of the correct way to do it. This is what mine looks like...

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.