Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

question about recharging magnets.

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by SamBooka, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SamBooka

SamBooka Tele-Afflicted

So idiot me stored the A5 magnets for one of my pickups and I think they lost a good chunk of their change. I am going to try recharging them with some hard drive magnets (from some huge old school scsi drives)

I saw the stewmac vid and have read the forum comments but have one question:

Everyone says dont let the magnets you are charging touch the mags. that are doing the charging or it will demagnetize them or run your A5.

Why cant I just crazy glue a 1/16 wooden spacer on the surface of the HD magnets?

Just wondering.

Thanks

Drew

2. copperheadroad

copperheadroad Tele-Holic

If it touches the magnet it wont degauss it but it could reverse the polarity of the magnet being charged

3. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

i use neo-something or another type of magnets. I wrap the bobbin in felt and use a small c-clamp to hold the magnets. I then slide it over the felt protected poles for about 30 seconds , back and forth until charged.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mreilander

Mreilander Tele-Holic Vendor Member

just stick the pup in a ziplock bag before you run in through. I used to stick my magnets on a vise. C-clamp will work too, I just found the vise easier.

6. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

not rocket science. anyone with a "C" clamp and a pair of neodymium mags can charge, recharge, or reverse the polarity of most any pickup, single coil being the easiest ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.