Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Question about eminence speaker

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by cellrebral, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cellrebral

cellrebral Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2011
    location, location
    I just bought an old Marshall 1x12 cabinet from a buddy. It came with a 12" eminence speaker with a blue back and white stars. Pics attached. I measured it at 8 ohms. Just wondering if any one had further info on this speaker. I use the cab with my Hughes & Kettner 5 watt head. Any info would be appreciated.

ForumRunner_20120927_195747.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_195808.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_195819.jpg

2. bunny 7

bunny 7 Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisville, Ky.
    It looks like from your picture that there is a rubber ring around the magnet, if so then somewhere under the ring is a sticker with a bar code and other numbers and info on the sticker along with the ohm rating and watts.
    Just kinda roll back the ring from the edge till you find it.
    You can email Eminence with the numbers if you need more info.

3. cellrebral

cellrebral Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2011
    location, location
    Awesome thanks for taking the time to respond. I will take your advice. Got the cab and speaker for a hundo , not a bad deal

4. cellrebral

cellrebral Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2011
    location, location
    Bump. Anyone have any info on the Eminence. I sent them an e-mail but no response yet. The rubber ring around the outside of the speaker seems glued and will not come off easily

5. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    No, you don't need to remove the rubber ring, he meant that there is usually a sticker with codes next to the rubber ring, on the side of the ceramic magnet.

6. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Eminence will get back to you. They were very helpful in identifying one of their speakers a friend gave me.

7. cellrebral

cellrebral Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2011
    location, location
    I found the numbers on the speaker and did a search based on my findings. Numbers were 12-br-8-30 then it was printed 8ohm 121235. From my search, this is an Eminence 12" british voiced cone, at 8 ohms and 30 watts. Thank you tdpri fam for pointing me in the right direction. Maybe this info will help others in the future. Pay it forward.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.