Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Query about American Standard Teles

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Morganking00, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Morganking00

Morganking00 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 11, 2017
    Caerphilly
    I live in the uk and I'm looking for a telecaster Similar to the one in the picutre below. For whatever reason many of the music sites have the full range of MIM guitars from standard to baja but when it comes to American Teles they seem to only have the Special, Professional and Elite so I'm wondering what the deal with this model of standard. Any information would be of great help, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Sillyak

Sillyak TDPRI Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Alberta
    The plain old American standard was replaced by the professional when Fender revamped their line last year. The professional is what your looking for, unless you want to buy used or find a store that still has some of the old models in stock.

AAT65 likes this.

3. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Feb 8, 2010
    Elyria Oh
    All I can think of is that the Professional replaced the Standard and maybe no one wants to carry them or have sold their stock off.
    In the US there's a lot of Am Sts that are selling cheap because of this situation.
    Shop around some more or look on line and see if anyone is selling theirs so they can purchase a Pro. They're selling well here.
    Sorry I can't offer anything more substantial.
    Good luck hunting

4. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Just to add Fender stopped producing American Standards in August/September of last year, converting to production of the American Professional models (which were officially introduced in early December of last year). Also Fender cut the MAP on American Standards by $200 here in the USA about this time last year to start clearing them out, so as Randypttt says there just aren't that many new American Standards left in store stocks.

5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    Y'all have Ebay or Guitar center in the UK?
    Should be some to find new or used.

6. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Missoula, Montana
    I have that exact guitar and I love it. Plays great, sounds terrific, weight is decent, stays in tune. Setup out of the box was on point. My current #1, over some stiff competition. But, like they say, a discontinued model. If one shows up, buy it!

7. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Don't be silly of course we have EBay, we don't have GC thank goodness, only better shops over here.

8. Trike12

Trike12 TDPRI Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Hanover pa
    Its funny that the year I bought an american standard(an paid full price!) was the last year of its production lol. I actually own a 2016 burst like the OP wants. If you want one thats cool as I will likely never part with mine but there are better teles out there IMHO. Theres tons of them here in the US. I have to imagine the UK has its share. Could be wrong but I dont think people really loved them there more hybrid tele/strats than a real tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.