Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

PT Berger Guitars

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by EllaMir, Sep 10, 2016.

1. EllaMir

EllaMir TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York
    Anyone ever messed around with these? They have some pretty looking ones. I especially like the 62/69 series.

[​IMG]

Sybex7254 likes this.

2. Tele Ted

Tele Ted Tele-Holic

May 14, 2012
    Kern County, CA
    Never heard of the brand, but nice looking axes.

3. Peckhammer

Peckhammer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle
    What's the Gibson switch do?

4. EllaMir

EllaMir TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York
    Good question. Can't seem to find anything on the website. The description says there's a push/pull to split the coil on the bridge rail. Maybe they moved this to the two-way.

5. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Great ad copy...

6. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    http://www.ptbergerguitars.com

You have to do a little clicking around their website, but their guitars are made in Vietnam. They're good looking guitars but I'd like to see inside one to see what they're made of.
    Bought a beautiful red Gianinni Craviola made in China. Tried to adjust/raise the screw heads on the humbucker pickups and they weren't even threaded; just pushed up and down. Held in place by the wax potting. I took it apart and the magnet was a rubberized, stick it on your refrigerator type magnet. Changed out the pickups to some made in USA Seymour Duncan's. Matter of fact, I changed all the electronic components. Now it plays as good as it looks.
    I learned a lesson. Beauty is only skin deep on many Asian guitars.

7. EllaMir

EllaMir TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York
    Yeah. Might be worth it if I gut it. The body and neck do look nice. I guess you never know until you're holding it.

8. redhouse12054

redhouse12054 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 18, 2017
    Delmar, NY
    The guitars look nice however I bought one and then wanted to sell it 5 months later. They have VERY LITTLE resale value!!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.