Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

PSA Cheap Mooer Pedals - Act Fast!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by smoss469, Oct 19, 2012.

1. JDO

JDO Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    Pittsboro, NC
    problem is both are super low on stock. wonder if they'll get any more?

2. rogthefrog

rogthefrog Tele-Meister

Cheap, fast, in stock. Pick one. :)

3. stantonmanton

stantonmanton Tele-Meister

Oct 19, 2012
    Lafayette, LA

4. hiero

hiero Tele-Meister

Jun 9, 2007
    Surrey Hills, UK
    Yes both sites have just the 'niche' pedals left that aren't so popular with discerning guitarists - these remaining models probably appeal to teenagers with angst though, so if you know one - give him a heads up!

After much deliberation I was going to add a MOOER Green Mile, a Shim Verb and an Ana Echo and maybe if the 50% kicked in, a Cuncher Distortion. BUT I have to say this reminds me when the COOL CAT V1 Drive and Trans Drive were about to go and there was a mad rush to get them. I did, and got a good low low deal and think them rather good. So maybe I should just re-examine what I have as I have masses of gear and is really just a question of picking the right piece of equipment to go with a chosen Guitar/amp for any given song style. The sounds I want are already here - just need being organised and focused...! Oh then there is my Upgraded BOSS ME-5 to add into mix!

5. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2009
    Champaign, IL
    Placed an order on 12/12/12 and have yet to receive it. But I have received an order placed on 1/12/13 days ago. No response to multiple emails. Suffice it to say, WTF?

6. yonie

yonie Tele-Meister

Oct 10, 2009
    Netherlands
    You can buy them new through eBay as well, I paid $68 each for the rat clone and triangle muff clone pedals.
    And then I saw this link where they are still sold for $44 each. :-\

Anyway, great pedals. I'm swapping these out for my current pedals, which I sell on ebay for the a higher price than the Mooer pedals cost me.
    If anyone sees a blue comp, trelicopter, shimverb or ana echo for less than $68 let me know..

7. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2006
    Brazil
    Still waiting for my Ana Echo (shipped on the 3rd of January from WTF)... hopefully next week hmmm.

8. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    The Ana Echo is worth the wait.

9. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2006
    Brazil
    Hope so! I'll do a little update here after it arrives.

10. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

Mar 12, 2006
    Central New York
    I know I'm a latecomer to this thread. I've been reading people's reviews of these pedals and have checked out the whole line on the mooer site. Is it wrong to want ALL of them? Dang! (I know it's just a phase...)

11. hiero

hiero Tele-Meister

Jun 9, 2007
    Surrey Hills, UK
    ...you will when you have ploughed through al these superb MOOER demos!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prymaxevintage%2Bmooer&oq=prymaxevintage%2Bmooer&gs_l=youtube.3...19789.21629.0.21836.6.6.0.0.0.0.183.589.3j3.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.ZpLY8WZ1G8E

12. tape

tape Tele-Meister

Dec 25, 2010
    Boston, MA
    seconding this. I bought it figuring "eh, it'll be a nice enough second delay for $40" and it really is a sweet pedal.

13. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2006
    Brazil
    Ana Echo arrived today (it took 28 days, a whole eternity if compared to the Trelicopter I got from Marcmart that took 13 days) and I'm really, really liking it.

Even though it has only 300ms of delay time and a volume and repeat controls (like the good ol' Boss DM-2) there's so much to explore here. The thing IS warm sounding and dynamic - When you play softer, the response is softer and the repeats blend and disappear more quickly and when you dig in the repeats are noticeably louder. Do a double-stop and bend both strings and there's a subtle but interesting pitch-shifting effect happening with the delayed repeats.

I really like how it responds to palm mutting - it's almost as if it added this extra percussive warm thump to what you're playing. A whole league ahead of the Joyo "Analog Delay" I sold before getting this one.

Real winner pedal.

14. stantonmanton

stantonmanton Tele-Meister

Oct 19, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    Ana Echo or the Reecho? Which one is better? This will be my first delay pedal and am not sure which one I want to get. Any help would be appreciated.

15. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2010
    In transit
    Just picked up a Blues Crab (LOL) and tried it last night. Only a brief workout but I love it, and velcro is going on today. I wish these things were a little cheaper (they're twice the price of the Joyo knockoffs) but I guess you pay a premium for the tiny l'il boxes. I don't know how many I would want to stuff onto a pedal board since I have big wide fat feet but I'm liking this one so far, and am seriously GASsing for their Rat knockoff (would allow me to have a Rat on each board).

16. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    I've got both, and prefer the Reecho - really depends what you are using it for; I only use delay for a bit of slapback echo, and to me the AnaEcho is a bit too dark for that, I prefer the slightly clearer, yet still warm, and slightly modulated tape echo setting of the Reecho for that. Also, with those tiny knobs it is really hard to set a single repeat for slapback echo on the AnaEcho, I found that easier to achieve with the Reecho.

For thickening solos the AnaEcho with its full, warm, dark tone might be perfect, though, and it also starts self-oscillating really easily, so if you are into funky, weird space-tones, you might also prefer that one.

17. rogthefrog

rogthefrog Tele-Meister

IME they're considerably better than Joyos.

18. rogthefrog

rogthefrog Tele-Meister

I just checked MarcMart. They seem to have a bunch in stock again, but the prices have skyrocketed--$135 for the AnaEcho and $120 for the Ensemble King. Even with the 50% off coupon they're pricing themselves out of the running IMO. That's a shame because they're very good pedals, but over $100 there's no way they can compete with well-established brands like Boss or MXR or EHX.

19. Iago

Iago Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2006
    Brazil
    ^^^

Wow, the appeal has ended for me. I'm glad I got a couple of those Mooers while they were $44 with those coupons. Note that WTF has only a couple models left in stock - they're probably just waiting to get rid of those to come up with new prices too.

The Reecho is definitely more versatile than the Ana, which I got, mainly, to thicken up solos. I don't like too evident delay that much, so my favorite setting so far is everything at 9 o'clock, but there are many little variations that you can get.

20. hiero

hiero Tele-Meister

Jun 9, 2007
    Surrey Hills, UK
    ...was to good to be true... I am not so keen now either. I have good sounds already, but for a few $£ it could have been fun... Sadly there are more important things to pay for like bloody taxes and gas bills than fund their greed!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.