Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

PRS Vela demo on some Twanger Weekly Backings ..

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by estreet, May 17, 2018.

1. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    I hope posting this doesn't offend - I do have four well-loved Telecasters that I have used to post here many times. I'm sure someone can remove it if it does. This is the PRS I've been waiting for really: one with a Fenderish aspect and a Surfy look. These backing tracks are all ones that have appeared as the weekly challenge.

2. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    E15AB2D9-1D5E-4D6F-9A15-9C9EF9D10100.jpeg 164764C6-B246-4142-85D1-FD6A4DC6DD52.jpeg Love my Vela. Have you played the S2 Studio yet? Another fun one from the S2 series.

NWinther and estreet like this.

3. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Great sounds and playing! I played one of these in the store and almost wished I hadn't - the GAS bit hard. They're just really good instruments, and not very expensive. No dentist jokes from me.

estreet likes this.

4. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Sillón-dental-de-color-azul-973x649.jpg

raysachs, Zepfan and NWinther like this.

5. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    ^Haha sounds great!!
    Dr Dentist ;)

6. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    No, but looking at it, I bet then in between sound on the front two Type 'D's is nice.

7. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    There's many PRS guitars I'd like to own and the Vela is one of them. SE Semi-hollow, SE Santana, 245 Single Cut, Mira and Starla are the others.

8. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I keep Velas on my CL and Reverb search lists... that charcoal satin with tortoise pickguard short run they did a few months back is the one I watch for.

^^ @Zepfan the SE single cut 22 and the soapbar P90 single cut are good ones I have and play often, I like them better than the Santana (and I have a second year diagonal stripe which has a thin flat top body and a newer birds version with the shaped top).

Zepfan likes this.

9. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Sounds great. You may have seen local musician Bryan Ewald on a PRS demo. He favors the Vela, I like the Mira a lot.

10. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    It is. As you know with the Vela the Studio doesn’t sound like anything but itself. The middle on the 5 way is the neck and bridge together which is a interesting chose for PRS.

11. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I forgot about those, more to add to the list. If I were a rich man, I'd have to get a warehouse to hold all the gear and guitars. I think I have a problem.:D:D

12. decker

decker Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    spain
    Great sound coming out of that PRS estreet; nice one.

13. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Jan 12, 2007
    Cambridge, England
    I've had my Vela for a year now and it is such a great guitar in every way.

Must admit that Studio S2 is looking even more attractive, especially as I'm starting in a new covers band. Could cover a lot of ground with that machine...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.