Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

PRS build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by moose13, May 14, 2016.

1. HWTele

HWTele Tele-Meister

Oct 21, 2015
    BetweenHere&There
    That's outstanding, man there's some talented folks out there......

moose13 likes this.

2. moose13

moose13 Tele-Holic

Nov 30, 2015
    USA
    You are too kind! Thanks

3. moose13

moose13 Tele-Holic

Nov 30, 2015
    USA
    My 2 scratch builds. Looking at doing another. I miss it.

IMG_2040.jpg

4. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Sweet guitars!

moose13 likes this.

5. callasabra

callasabra Tele-Afflicted

Apr 11, 2016
    USA
    I love quilted maple, that is such a beautiful guitar. That is one lucky boy!

moose13 likes this.

6. moose13

moose13 Tele-Holic

Nov 30, 2015
    USA
    thanks guys, with winter coming on i am chomping at the bit to do another one. I have 6 electrics and 4 acoustics. I DONT NEED ANYMORE! Still want to build one

awasson likes this.

7. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Nah, what's another. They say variety is the spice of life... Just think of all the planning you'll do over the winter!

moose13 likes this.

8. callasabra

callasabra Tele-Afflicted

Apr 11, 2016
    USA
    If they look that good you can do one and auction it off .

moose13 likes this.

9. moose13

moose13 Tele-Holic

Nov 30, 2015
    USA
    My brother plays the bass (kinda) i was hinting for him to finance a bass build. I just want to build it not play it.

10. Traitor Joe

Traitor Joe TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Riverside, CA
    Wow. What an incredible guitar.

moose13 likes this.

11. moose13

moose13 Tele-Holic

Nov 30, 2015
    USA
    Thanks JOE!

12. tombob

tombob Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2010
    Sonora, TX
    That's amazing, beautiful work! I've been thinking about building up a PRS style guitar but I'm just planning on using a body/neck from eBay or some other source as a base, more of a parts built. I've been a Fender player for a long time but recently I've been playing a LP with mini humbuckers and I love the sound. I think it's the best sound I've ever had but I miss the fender feel. I'm thinking a PRS with minis will come as close as possible to having the feel of my Fenders and the sound of my LP Deluxe. I have a Strat with minis that I do play too but the alder body and maple neck isn't quite as punchy and warm as the mahogany. If the PRS style doesn't work out then I'm going to try a Warmoth mahogany body/neck with a maple capped body.

13. Muku

Muku Tele-Meister

Jun 9, 2008
    Santa Barbara
    I love how you bypassed one of my only gripes of PRS core design. That forearm pinch from the raised edge. Your fortunate son can wail easier with rhythm work. Really like the maple neck layer too.
    Did making the tooling and jigs take the most fab time? Nice Job of Love!

14. tombob

tombob Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2010
    Sonora, TX
    This is what I plan to start with. I've found them on eBay for $150-175 which seems like a reasonable price. I know that it'll take a good amount of work to make a real quality instrument from one but it looks like a good base. They are decent looking mahogany with a full thickness maple cap so if you put in the time for a good fit and finish and do a good fret dressing I think they would make a great guitar. I don't want one that's a kit so I can pick quality hardware, the kits I've seen in person usually don't have very good hardware, at least not what I want anyway. I've been a Fender player so long LPs just feel strange but I've really been into the sound of my LP lately so this seems like the best way to get a good compromise between a Fender and Gibson.

image.jpeg

WholeLottaGlove likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.