Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

"Project" guitar is done and it turned out AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by brobar, Sep 5, 2017.

1. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

How about getting Crazy Heart Leather to make a matching strap?

brobar and brogh like this.

2. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Hey Brobar !

Beautiful !!!!, actually the strap is a great suggestion ;)

brobar likes this.

3. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

Oct 17, 2012
    Nelson City TX
    That's beautiful, and a very moving story.

brobar likes this.

4. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Meister

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I'm not into body bindings on Telecasters and I'm not into leather but your guitar is a beautiful tribute to your daughter and a real work of art. I love it. I know you'll be thinking of her every time you pick it up.

brobar likes this.

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Beautiful. Wonderful, loving tribute to your daughter. Thanks for posting.

brobar likes this.

6. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Absolutely stunning.

I have never been a fan of leather pickguards, but I just changed my mind. I love things that have meaning; and when they are also beautiful like your guitar, it just does not get any better.

brobar likes this.

7. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    I've thought about that. He has made some sweet straps. If he is up for it, I may just have him do that one of these months.

RoyBGood likes this.

8. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion. Being a designer in a former life, I thought that the strap could have the same 'core' and edging colour / texture as the scratchplate, so they look like a 'matching set' and the strap only gets used with that guitar. I don't know what the tooling limitations are, but if possible, a nice touch could be to repeat the winged heart (but a lot smaller) about 4 to 6 inches from the top strap button hole, so depending on how high up or low down you wear your guitars, the little heart would line-up with your big heart, if you see what I mean.

I've thought a lot about you and this moving story while at work today and you have my deepest sympathy.

Kindest regards,

Roy

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    brobar likes this.

9. ThorTC

ThorTC TDPRI Member

May 1, 2012
    Isla Bermeja
    Great guitar and I love the pickguard as well

brobar likes this.

10. Mercyfulfate

Mercyfulfate TDPRI Member

May 14, 2017
    Tornado Alley/OK
    sorry to hear of your Daughter,i just lost my oldest one.

the pickguard looks amazing!

brobar likes this.

11. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    I hate hearing about parents losing their children. No parent should ever have to bury their own child! That's not supposed to be the order of things. It's absolutely the most excruciatingly painful thing I've ever experienced and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! My condolences!

12. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    My condolences on the loss of your daughter. That pick guard really is stunning. I really like the way the background texture ties everything together and is something I don't think I've seen on a leather pick guard.

13. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Thanks. Yeah that texture was a specific request. I figured it would look very flat with all of that negative space. I didn't want him adding any design to it because I didn't want it being distracting and taking away from the heart and wings. So I asked if he could texture the negative space so it would add just a little something without it being distracting. I also wanted some "depth" and nice texturing to the wings.

IMG_4824.jpg

He gave me exactly what I requested and knocked it out of the park! If I ever get another guard done, he'll be the guy I go back to!

richa likes this.

14. RockNRollin_Nolan

RockNRollin_Nolan TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Very sorry to hear about your daughter. :(

brobar likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.