Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Pro "Sr" cab

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jsnwhite619, Sep 30, 2017.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    I did one for a friend recently in the oil finish, but I plugged my PJ into my Cannabis Rex and hit the floor. So, here is what I'm working on right now. I stuck some wheat grill cloth in my old PJ cab and love it, so that's what I'm going with.
    1506826511330.jpg
    1506826593535.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017

2. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    Nice work. That should look and sound great! I have a PJ too, and have been thinking it would sound great in the larger cabinet with a 12". Looking forward to seeing yours when it's done.

jsnwhite619 likes this.

3. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Man, I put mine in a bigger 16x18 cab I built a few years ago and have turned down several offers for it just because they wanted THAT one and I won't sell it. But I kept the 10". WGS Veteran 10 or a Raging Cajun, depending on how loud I need, but I took it to a studio and the guy guessed it was an $800-1000 boutique amp. Had to pull the guts and show him it was stock. A Pro Jr is great on its own, but a bigger pine box to breath and I think it starts getting into 6g3 territory.

It's kind of trebly, so a bigger combo levels things out. Even a bigger pine box with a 10" sounds amazing.

Me and a buddy spent an afternoon playing a Tweed Deluxe, Champ, and Super, all that I built, and I pulled out my Pro Jr in the end and looked at each other kind of disappointed in how much money we've spent on the others!

Bruxist and Chicago Matt like this.

4. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Here is the oil.one with a WGS G12Q. 20 watt speaker. Night and day.

Bruxist likes this.

5. Kev Reg

Kev Reg Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2016
    Scotland
    Arghh this is no good for my GAS. Its making me want to seek out a pro second hand and get busy!

jsnwhite619 likes this.

6. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Has anyone ever added corner guards to a Hot Rod series amp or a Tweed model? I'm thinking of using some flat/satin black ones I found on AmplifiedParts, but I don't know how it will look? Think they'll stick out like a sore thumb?

Any pictures of examples are welcomed.

7. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    Here is what I'm looking at.
    corner guard.png

8. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    Yep...one day I hope to, as well.

9. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    I know this thread is a little old by now, but I got back to working on the cabinet this week. Only thing left is to tolex the back panels. I'm kinda diggin' the retro vibe to it with the wheat grill.

1512598705092.jpg

D'tar likes this.

10. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Man, that looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 5:57 PM

11. jsnwhite619

Sep 10, 2013
    Georgia
    By the way, I have the satin black corner guards for it, and waiting on black screws from Parts-Express to come in tomorrow I hope. When they are just placed on there, you can barely even see them from more than 5-6 feet away, indoors at least, and this tolex is a little thinner than what Fender uses on the Hot Rod Series amps, so I think the extra protection on the corners will make me feel better. I didn't realize that when I ordered it.

A buddy of mine has a WGS Green Beret that he's going to let me try in there, so I'm kinda excited to get it finished finally. If it works out like I hope, I want the end result to be something that people hear and have to ask "What is THAT?"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.