Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Printable guitar template PDF?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by iansmitchell, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    should be sorted now... my bad :oops:

2. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada

3. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    Youre welcome :cool:

4. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Does anyone have a standard Tele pickguard template?

5. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    Here is a 330 much nicer guitar in my world, you just got to have one. and if you aint got 2 grand to spend then make one, hehe well thats what im gona try and do. Ill post my work on here when i start. just gathering all the pics and info i can first. 25 pounds i paid today just for a forstner bit but in england there not known by that name, everywhere i went and asked they was like nope never heard of such a bit. found one anyway :) Iv nearly finished my 325ish guitar just got to spray her.

6. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    Is this one ok?

Attached Files:

7. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Fantastic! Thanks!

I actually found one as well, right after I posted...I felt like a dweeb :oops:

Attached Files:

8. KeithJ

KeithJ Tele-Meister

Jul 27, 2012
    Reindeer
    does anyone have drawings for a Gretsch corvette? I've looked and cannot find anything. . .

9. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    ok peeps who ever grabbed my files please delete them some how the body got stretched on the vertical plane.
    im pissed coz i cut my route template already now iv got to do them all agin, first step and i botch it lol this aint gona fair well i can see it now. measure 2 times cut 1 right... first lesson. im redoing the body plan so ill re upload it. sorry

Ok here is the new ver now this one is pretty much bang on iv double checked
    the image.
    my advice is to open in photoshop and use the blue lines to cut out sections and paste them into a new A4 doc each time then you can print out 4 A4's and stick them together to give you perfect size !

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kgTMzpLBXJbGo2WkhEanZjZ2s/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

10. puppiesonacid

puppiesonacid TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2013
    new york

hello, first post. been lurking for a while as this forum seems to be the only one on the net wtb regular guys with basic tools using clever jigs to make great guitars for themselves. anywyas, i cant seem to get the printed 4 page strat body layout template sized correctly. what is hte process for verifying its printing 1:1 ? im checking it against a charvette strat clone (charvettesan dimas styled body)as a rough reference, but the horns are coming up short in comparison. )

that not withstanding, just want to priny an accurate strat body template without my ocd worrying its "off" please help. trying to save cash and make my own accurate templates.

respectfully,

Tony

11. Casual_Reader

Casual_Reader Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2009
    Ohio
    the bars drawn on the sides are 1/4 x 1 inch... measure the print.

printers are usually fairly accurate side to side but can deform the print in the paper feed direction. The fix is to scale the file in one direction to compensate... but unfortunately, adobe reader doesn't allow you to do that.

the print shop guys (office depot, etc) that print large format for a few bucks use photoshop to rescale the image to compensate.

if you want to take it to a shop, you might want to use preeb's call out version here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8286013/_Strat Body Blueprint Fixed.pdf

... and go through this thread for the pics of a couple strats layed on top of the prints.
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/416676-1956-fender-stratocaster-build.html

"charvette strat clone" - no reason they'd need to be exactly the same. I haven't seen one, but if it has 24 frets, it may be based on the another fender... say a showmaster, etc.

12. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    howabout one for a 3D printer? ;)

13. puppiesonacid

puppiesonacid TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2013
    new york
    its 22 frets but thats unimportant. i played with the printing percentage and the orientation. when i opened it on my computer the images were oriented horizontally. i assume they need to be positioned vertically. 100% was way too small. tried a lot of increments all the way up to 164% and its still a little short from horn to butt. i will check the measurements after work

14. Guitarnut

Guitarnut Friend of Leo's

Jun 29, 2009
    USA

15. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND

use photoshop...
    then measure your screen in inches. mines 13.5 the divide that by your horizontal screen rez, mines 1280 that gives me 94.8.... now open photoshop go into pref units and rulers, you will see a box showing 72 dpi change that to, well i change to 94. now when i click an image and then zoom, then show print size it will be correct. you can now measure on screen and will be correct down to the decimal ponts AND YOU THOUGHT PHOTOSHOP WAS BROKE :D Why they dont have a code that does this for you i dont know i mean how hard would that be for photoshop to do it its self. crazy i know !!:eek:

O yea. heres my Rick design that iv changed a little. the center line was of and was 1 mill to small. This one is better.
    [​IMG]

split this into 4 and then stick down onto your mdf. the 4 cut lines are shown.

16. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    BTW. does anybody have any Rick plans showing anymore ??? I know there was a guy selling them on ebay but he will not sell any more. iv spoke to him. there must be somebody who bought one and willing to share ?

17. xardoz

xardoz Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2010
    St. Louis, Misery
    Here's a more refined version of the Silvertone 1453 PDF posted a few pages back. I had left out a center line on the body and neck top views. I've also split the document up into a few full-sized pages, so you'll need to pay attention when you print. The neck top and side view are on one page, the full body on another, and the plastics on a third.

Google drive, no sign in required.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrOZ7y2nzBDVkhHU2t1UHVSY28

18. Beergineer

Beergineer TDPRI Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Atlanta
    These blueprints are great. I think the challenge would be printing them to scale. I wonder if it requires some type of special printer that architects and surveyors would use. Maybe Kinkos could do it.

19. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    Staples prints them as well on a plotter. You can also print them on a regular printer and cut and tape them together. A bit of a pain because you have to have everything lined up perfect.

20. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia
    gibson vegas anyone? or a g+l rampage?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.