Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Prince fights back!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheRumRunner, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Tele-Afflicted

Recent criticism from the legions of TDPRI old guards requires an equal, and talented response from his "highness".

Warning, there is no guitar tossing in this vid.

<iframe src="" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="">Plectrum Electrum - 3rd Eye Girl</a> from <a href="">Madison Dube</a> on <a href="">Vimeo</a>.</p>

2. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

Oct 13, 2009
    San Marcos, Ca
    That was AWESOME! Looks like someone has been doing some woodsheding with their band!
  3. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2012
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Sherpa

Sherpa Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2011
    New England
    Mmmm he acts like a tosser but he sure can play, and has excellent taste in selecting band members who are easy on the eye.
  6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Guitar-playing to Prince is just like amps to Leo Fender -

just one facet of their genius.

(I think I saw the drummer look directly at PR Nelson :eek: Hope his back was turned !)
  7. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

Jan 22, 2009
    I hope he never has keyboards in his bands ever again.

This be rockin'

8. purpletele

purpletele Friend of Leo's

I had always heard that all the weird stuff and the rules and whatnot were part of the act and the persona he took on when he told the industry to shove it, I wouldn't be surprised if the guitar tossing thing was too. He's a master of image, but I had always heard that he's been nothing but gracious to work with, and very down to Earth outside of the public eye.

All that aside.

This video is VERY good. The music is always why we're still talking about him, more than the art and the weird theatrics. He can deliver like very few can.
  9. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2010
    I wonder is it possible to operate a wah pedal without your face taking part? I never can.
  10. unclearty

unclearty Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2006
    South central Mass.
    YIKES!! Nice stuff!
  11. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

I prefer Tesh.
  12. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    That was superb, thanks for posting

I didn't know i needed a harmonizer pedal until now...

What's the point? it's too much fun to resist

I reckon it makes your wah playing better, too
  13. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

Feb 4, 2009
    Phx, AZ
    Sure, but anybody can sound good through a Kelton Swade guitar.
  14. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

Jan 3, 2011
    That was really cool. Prince is incredible and his band was extremely easy on the eyes.
  15. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    I know it's probably just a Boss pedal going into a Boogie or something simple, but his lead tone really does mesmerize me. It's so smooth like it's hi gain and compressed, but the actual tone isn't overblown and there are never any extraneous squeals or buzzes. Fir me to be able to play that kind of smooth lead on tele as effortlessly as he appears t, I have to crank things and then I am right on the edge of feedback.

I LOVE his playing. I hear a ton of Santana in there, but it's not just that. He has his own voice where you can kind of identify some of his influences without it being a copycat.
  16. RootNoteDave

RootNoteDave TDPRI Member

Mar 10, 2013
    North Carolina
    Yep, I don't care how old or young you are, if you didn't enjoy that and have a new found respect for the guy somethings wrong with you. I've always enjoyed his guitar work more than his music, but the guys still good. Ditto on the ladies in the band.
  17. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    I'm hearin me some Little Feat vibe in there too! NIIIICE!
  18. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted

Camera work=Really?
  19. WisconsinStrings

WisconsinStrings Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2007
    Arcadia, Wisconsin
    I liked it!

Of course we couldn't tell if he tossed the guitar at the end or not. :)
  20. rideit

rideit Tele-Holic

Jan 24, 2013
    Jackson, WY
    Pretty damn good for an all grrrl band.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.